Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default TurboNut progress

--Posted a few photos of my injection molded parts. Will make better
parts if I can get access to a wire EDM machine to cut a better die than the
one I can machine on the mill.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/steambo...7613636548203/

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Blue Cross socks us
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : $23,000/yr!! ...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/17/2010 10:53 AM, steamer wrote:
--Posted a few photos of my injection molded parts. Will make better
parts if I can get access to a wire EDM machine to cut a better die than the
one I can machine on the mill.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/steambo...7613636548203/

Very cool, Steamer!

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

steamer wrote:
--Posted a few photos of my injection molded parts. Will make better
parts if I can get access to a wire EDM machine to cut a better die than the
one I can machine on the mill.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/steambo...7613636548203/

Maybe I missed an earlier thread, but what's the part for?

Chris

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Christopher Tidy wrote:
Maybe I missed an earlier thread, but what's the part for?

--Silly idea I had many moons ago: quick-adjust depth stop for
milling machines, etc. Spins with air; easily removable for full depth quill
travel, cheap. Never made 'em befor because I couldn't get the die made for
a decent price. Bored with no work in the shop I redesigned the thing and
made a die, squirted some parts and am now debugging.

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Blue Cross socks us
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : $23,000/yr!! ...
www.nmpproducts.com
---Decks a-wash in a sea of words---
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

steamer wrote:
Christopher Tidy wrote:

Maybe I missed an earlier thread, but what's the part for?

--Silly idea I had many moons ago: quick-adjust depth stop for
milling machines, etc. Spins with air; easily removable for full depth quill
travel, cheap. Never made 'em befor because I couldn't get the die made for
a decent price. Bored with no work in the shop I redesigned the thing and
made a die, squirted some parts and am now debugging.

You mean like the way you can blow a ball bearing round using compressed
air? Funny but neat!

Chris

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Christopher Tidy wrote:
You mean like the way you can blow a ball bearing round using compressed
air? Funny but neat!

--Exactly. Being basically a lazy ******* with limited time on any
project it just seemed like a way to shave a few seconds here and there..

bathroom progress benpost UK diy 2 October 11th 08 02:26 PM
Work in Progress Darrell Feltmate Woodturning 4 May 30th 08 12:07 AM
Bed progress Stoutman Woodworking 25 February 20th 07 04:09 PM
Work in progress Darrell Feltmate Woodturning 2 October 4th 06 07:18 PM
Slow progress.. steamer Metalworking 7 March 15th 06 02:23 AM