Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Does the police hassle drivers for driving below speed limits

Ignoramus2215 wrote:

That Series II Bridgeport mill weighs 5000 lbs, plus or minus. My
trailer axles are 6,000 lbs, which means that I will be slightly above
the rating.

The easiest way from the seller would be on a highway, which is
actually a decently paved highway. In any case, I would like to drive
slowly, like 40-45 miles an hour, this way I would get the best of
both worlds, safe slow driving and highway quality road.

My question is, how likely will the police be to hassle me for driving
too slowly, if, say, the lowest speed limit is 45 and I am going 40.

Where I live, not much of a chance but I live in a low density area. I often do 45MPH
down a divided highway so I don't get to work too soon. I'd rather drive just fast enough
to get to work on time and listen to my podcasts.

To get to your issue, how much traffic are you going to back up, as have backed up behind
you? If your route has a shoulder you can pull over onto to allow those behind you to
pass you safely, I doubt you will get any grief.

I've brought a few things home from truck depots that were tall relative to width and
drove really slow. As long as I moved over to let people go, no one gets mad, no cop
station gets a cell phone call.

Check your six, let them get around you, you should be fine.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

That's close to what I was thinking. Stay far
right when ever possible. People will see that
you're hauling a load, and should be fairly
polite.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Wes" wrote in message

Where I live, not much of a chance but I live in a
low density area. I often do 45MPH
down a divided highway so I don't get to work too
soon. I'd rather drive just fast enough
to get to work on time and listen to my podcasts.

To get to your issue, how much traffic are you
going to back up, as have backed up behind
you? If your route has a shoulder you can pull
over onto to allow those behind you to
pass you safely, I doubt you will get any grief.

I've brought a few things home from truck depots
that were tall relative to width and
drove really slow. As long as I moved over to let
people go, no one gets mad, no cop
station gets a cell phone call.

Check your six, let them get around you, you
should be fine.

Wes
--
"Additionally as a security officer, I carry a gun
to protect