Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Michelle pimping the airwaves

On Sat, 06 Feb 2010 20:52:01 -0600, Ignoramus20464

On 2010-02-06, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 13:08:37 -0600, Ignoramus22882

On 2010-01-26, Ed Huntress wrote:

"Ignoramus29432" wrote in message
Geen..so I spent $100 and I made $18k last year gross.
Will you kiss my feet for my generosity?
I would like to see the official receipt that conforms to IRS standards.
If you can produce one, I will publicly thank you for your
generosity.

I donated $50 and I do have a receipt.

I never bother getting a receipt. I didnt make enough money last year to
even bother filing. And I figure a donation out of pocket is exactly
that. Not something the government needs to give back to me at the end
of the year.

I see.

Iggy, you roll your eyes very quietly. d8-)

The story about Gunner, who recently said he had no money, stopping by
Red Cross and giving them a $100 cash donation, and not getting any
receipt, does not sound believable. Does not mean that it is outright
impossible, but it is not believable.

At this point, being a true agnostic, I do not believe the story to be
true, but I am not certain that it is false, either.

Why should I have gotten a receipt? What good would it do me?

It could prove that you made the donation.

Prove it to whom? Those that know me well know I dont lie. Those that
dont..shrug its not my problem.

When I file my taxes on the $18k total I made last year...or the unknown
amount I make this year..probably close to the same...$100 wont do ****.

I thought that you mentioned that you would not file

Thats up in the air at the moment, though its not germane to the
subject.

Im a bit disappointed in you however. Seems you kicked in what...$25
wasnt it? And I know you made a hell of a lot more than $18k last year.

The amount is $50. But I can prove that I donated $50.

Good lad. Couldnt do any better though eh? Having a rough year too?

Whereas, in your case, we have to believe, knowing that that you do
not have any money, that you stopped by some collection point and
contributed $100 and did not get any receipt. I am not saying that you
did not do it. I am saying that I cannot believe this, given all I know.

And I should care if you believe or not, why, exactly? I made the
donation to help those in great and immediate need, not to polish my
apple.

I tremendously respect your metalworking opinions, but I have a
bull**** alarm, and sometimes it flashes a signal that I should not
simply believe something just because someone says so.

Good for you. Keep it well honed and properly oiled and it will be of
great service in the years to come.

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your
wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do
something damned nasty to all three of them.