Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Ft. Hood murderer was on BHO's transition team

cavelamb wrote:
Stephan Rothstein wrote:

Texas Rangers have no more or less authority than any other peace
officer in Texas, just a better mythology behind them.

But, the truth is that some military installations are exclusively
federal jurisdiction, others are concurrent jurisdiction between the
state and the feds. I know that the existence of the post before the
state made it exclusive (from being assigned to Ft. Leavenworth, the
oldest white settlement in what became Kansas). I don't know about Ft.
Hood or the other bases in Texas. I do know that Randolph and Lackland
Air Force bases do not allow Texas Peace officers to carry on their
grounds when off-duty but I don't know about on duty officers. Ft. Sam
Houston used to be open and had public streets owned by San Antonio
running through it, so it was clearly concurrent. They closed it to
the public after 9-11-2001 but I don't know if the legal status
changed. I remember reading about the city arguing about closing the
street, but I never heard the final agreement - but the street is
still closed.

Steve Rothstein

well, Steve, obviously, you ain't been to Texas Lately...

Steve is a Texas resident, and works in law enforcement for the TABC.
He know Texas law as well as anyone I know.