Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Ft. Hood murderer was on BHO's transition team

John R. Carroll wrote:

Something else about this that's an absolute outrage. You didn't wander
around on post with a weapon. PERIOD.
Weapons were surrendered to the armory and logged in and out, personal or
not. Only MP's and Coasties were allowed to carry.
Hood is huge and they base commander was issuing hunting permits ON POST.
What a jackass.
He ought to be stripped of his rank and discharged for the good of the
service.

John,

You have to remember that the weapon in question was personally owned.
FN handgun that will fit in a (large) jacket pocket.
If you have a car decal and a DoD ID you drive on to the base. Delivery
trucks and rental cars (last time I was there) get searched, but patting
down everyone on their way in is probably not workable.
Flat out crazy is hard to plan around.

Kevin Gallimore
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Nov 18, 5:52*pm, axolotl wrote:
John R. Carroll wrote:
[...]

The shootings were not unexpected.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-11-18, axolotl wrote:

You have to remember that the weapon in question was personally owned.
FN handgun that will fit in a (large) jacket pocket.
If you have a car decal and a DoD ID you drive on to the base. Delivery
trucks and rental cars (last time I was there) get searched, but patting
down everyone on their way in is probably not workable.
Flat out crazy is hard to plan around.

Exactly my experience with Great Lakes base. They would look around my
truck, sometimes under it, but never searched my person.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

axolotl wrote:
John R. Carroll wrote:

[...]

I go on and off of the Marine Base at Pendelton all the time. So do the NCO
and Officer that do jobs for me from time to time.
The "No Beach Beyond Reach" guys are a customer. So is 4 MARDIV. We all have
stickers

Every single vehicle gets searched, decal or no and if you fail to declare
anything, let alone a weapon, you are in a world of ****.
I guarantee.

The same was true at Whiteman, another large installation I've recently
visited professionally.

--
John R. Carroll

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

John R. Carroll wrote:

Kevin,
I go on and off of the Marine Base at Pendelton all the time. So do the NCO
and Officer that do jobs for me from time to time.
The "No Beach Beyond Reach" guys are a customer. So is 4 MARDIV. We all have
stickers

Every single vehicle gets searched, decal or no and if you fail to declare
anything, let alone a weapon, you are in a world of ****.
I guarantee.

The same was true at Whiteman, another large installation I've recently
visited professionally.

John,

I have no experience with Marine bases.
They must have very impressive MP staffs. The time it would take to
search several thousand vehicles on their way in to work at any
installation I have seen would take up a good chunk of work day.
I will neither confirm or deny that I go through a checkpoint of some
type most days. I will say that I have had occasion to go through the
gates of Army, Navy and AF installations. I have never seen every car
through a checkpoint searched. Random searches, yes. Rental cars, yes.
Trucks, yes. No DoD registration, yes. Some of my coworkers will be back
from a Marine base in your (coastal) neighborhood on Monday. I will ask
what they went through.
Having said that, if the ladies and gentlemen in the funny suits see
something they don't like in the back seat, it's an out-of-holster
experience. And they don't smile.

Kevin Gallimore

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

axolotl wrote:
John R. Carroll wrote:

Having said that, if the ladies and gentlemen in the funny suits see
something they don't like in the back seat, it's an out-of-holster
experience. And they don't smile.

You've got that right. In fact, nobody smiles under those circumstances.

--
John R. Carroll

OT - Ft. Hood murderer was on BHO's transition team Ned Simmons Metalworking 14 November 19th 09 05:19 PM
OT - Ft. Hood murderer was on BHO's transition team William Wixon Metalworking 0 November 18th 09 08:44 AM
The Transition Team ATP* Metalworking 0 October 10th 08 10:32 PM
The coffin in touch with the symbolic era is the murderer that explains only. Satam Mhammed Home Repair 0 December 10th 07 12:15 AM