Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default L-bushing taper angle

Does anyone here know the angle of the taper in a split taper lock L-
bushing as used in sheaves and pulleys...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 06:14:30 -0700 (PDT), mark
wrote:

Does anyone here know the angle of the taper in a split taper lock L-
bushing as used in sheaves and pulleys...

I dunno what you mean by "L-bushing." Taper-lock or QD?

http://www.dodge-pt.com/pdf/catalog/..._lock_spec.pdf
http://www.molinebearing.com/documen...ngineering.pdf

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

http://www.dodge-pt.com/pdf/catalog/...artNumbersandE...

--
Ned Simmons

The second link you posted , it mentions 3/4"/foot as the taper, what
is that in degrees?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

mark wrote:

The second link you posted , it mentions 3/4"/foot as the taper, what
is that in degrees?

3.576 with a bunch more digits after those.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Does anyone here know the angle of the taper in a split taper lock L-
bushing as used in sheaves and pulleys...

I dunno what you mean by "L-bushing." Taper-lock or QD?

http://www.dodge-pt.com/pdf/catalog/...artNumbersandE...

--
Ned Simmons

The second link you posted , it mentions 3/4"/foot as the taper, what
is that in degrees?

1.790 degrees between the centerline and the OD, or 3.580 degrees
included.

--
Ned Simmons