Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT-Obama supports blasphemy laws

Looks like we won't be able to reply to those muslim spammers
in the future if obama gets his wish.

The obama administration aligned itself with Egypt, which has long been
criticized for prosecuting artists, activists and journalists for insulting
Islam.

Around the world, free speech is being sacrificed on the altar of religion.
Whether defined as hate speech, discrimination or simple blasphemy,
governments are declaring unlimited free speech as the enemy of freedom of
religion.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/oped/2009/...emy-laws-.html

Best Regards
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"azotic" wrote in message
Looks like we won't be able to reply to those muslim spammers
in the future if obama gets his wish.

The obama administration aligned itself with Egypt, which has long been
criticized for prosecuting artists, activists and journalists for
insulting Islam.

Around the world, free speech is being sacrificed on the altar of
religion. Whether defined as hate speech, discrimination or simple
blasphemy, governments are declaring unlimited free speech as the enemy of
freedom of religion.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/oped/2009/...emy-laws-.html

Best Regards
Tom.

Yet Christian and Jew bashing will be expected and encouraged. Good 'ol
liberal two-step.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

azotic wrote:
Looks like we won't be able to reply to those muslim spammers
in the future if obama gets his wish.

The obama administration aligned itself with Egypt, which has long been
criticized for prosecuting artists, activists and journalists for insulting
Islam.

Around the world, free speech is being sacrificed on the altar of religion.
Whether defined as hate speech, discrimination or simple blasphemy,
governments are declaring unlimited free speech as the enemy of freedom of
religion.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/oped/2009/...emy-laws-.html

Well, you sure can't call them Muslim Faggots anymore.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

http://www.jesusandmo.net/2008/12/05/meter/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 14:48:14 -0700, azotic wrote:

Looks like we won't be able to reply to those muslim spammers
in the future if obama gets his wish.

The obama administration aligned itself with Egypt, which has long been
criticized for prosecuting artists, activists and journalists for insulting
Islam.

Around the world, free speech is being sacrificed on the altar of religion.
Whether defined as hate speech, discrimination or simple blasphemy,
governments are declaring unlimited free speech as the enemy of freedom of
religion.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/oped/2009/...emy-laws-.html

How weak their gods must be to be harmed by mere words.

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"azotic" wrote in message
Looks like we won't be able to reply to those muslim spammers
in the future if obama gets his wish.

The obama administration aligned itself with Egypt, which has long been
criticized for prosecuting artists, activists and journalists for
insulting Islam.

Around the world, free speech is being sacrificed on the altar of
religion. Whether defined as hate speech, discrimination or simple
blasphemy, governments are declaring unlimited free speech as the enemy of
freedom of religion.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/oped/2009/...emy-laws-.html

Best Regards
Tom.

The Weekly Standard strikes out again. They got the story almost exactly
backwards. It isn't the first time they've done so:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...l8PCAD9BJ0SF00

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 12:37:24 -0700, the infamous Rich Grise
scrawled the following:

On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 14:48:14 -0700, azotic wrote:

Looks like we won't be able to reply to those muslim spammers
in the future if obama gets his wish.

The obama administration aligned itself with Egypt, which has long been
criticized for prosecuting artists, activists and journalists for insulting
Islam.

Around the world, free speech is being sacrificed on the altar of religion.
Whether defined as hate speech, discrimination or simple blasphemy,
governments are declaring unlimited free speech as the enemy of freedom of
religion.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/oped/2009/...emy-laws-.html

How weak their gods must be to be harmed by mere words.

Right you are, Rich.

All I can say is "F*CK Religion!", as it has caused more death and
destruction than it has 'good'. People can be kind and do good deeds
without it. It's just another form of wealth redistribution.

---
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 09:08:53 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:
[...]

The problems stem from Original Denial.
http://godchannel.com/bodyclass.html

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 12:27:06 -0700, the infamous Rich the
Philosophizer scrawled the following:

[...]

Is there an English translation for that site?

---
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

http://blogs.usatoday.com/oped/2009/...emy-laws-.html

How weak their gods must be to be harmed by mere words.

Right you are, Rich.

All I can say is "F*CK Religion!", as it has caused more death and
destruction than it has 'good'. People can be kind and do good deeds
without it. It's just another form of wealth redistribution.

The problems stem from Original Denial.
http://godchannel.com/bodyclass.html

Cheers!
Rich

An interesting read.... I'm sorry, but I don't think I need more pink
unicorns trotting through my forests.

Why can't people deal with the "Here and Now?" Drop the metaphysical
crap about why we're here (big bangs and let-there-be-light) and get on
with life.

Life begets life. We want our children to have good lives, so we do the
best we can to give it to them. Problem is, we've been short-sighted.
As a race, humanity is only now slowly awakening to the need for
sustainable resource management so that our progeny can provide for
their progeny, ad infinitum.

To keep people from killing one another over resources, Capitalism and
Democracy were created. With careful balancing, those rich in resource
A can trade materials with those rich in resource B, so that both sides
get what they need. More materials in more places means more trade and
income for everyone involved. Each may want more, but being greedy can
destroy the balance and the resources.

Look up the "Principle of Enlightened Self Interest." I first
encountered it in a book called Subspace Explorers by E.E. Smith. I
would strongly suggest that every capitalist with a modicum of ethics
should read it.

Follow the Golden Rule, encourage others to follow the same by your own
good example. No religion, no complicated philosophy, is really needed.

Of course, this is a simple solution to a complicated problem.... Buyer
Beware.
--
Tin Lizzie
"Elephant: A mouse built to government specifications."-Lazarus Long

AP Poll: Americans high on Obama, direction of US - a sign thatBarack Obama has used the first 100 days of his presidency to lift the public'smood and inspire hopes for a brighter future. Karsten Kruse Metalworking 10 May 2nd 09 06:54 AM
Obama win triggers run on guns - "Most of the people there were cussing Obama" Gunner Asch[_4_] Metalworking 40 November 12th 08 12:31 PM
Laws Cliff Metalworking 4 March 31st 06 09:34 AM
ot- Gun Laws in Australia Gunner Metalworking 10 April 28th 04 10:46 AM