Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Good Woodworking Group?

What's a good woodworking group? I'm doing a lot of model airplane work
these days. It's driving me to build my own tools, as well maintaining
my chisels to a higher level of keenness than I've ever done before
(balsa wood is very unforgiving of a dull blade).

So I want to start lurking, eventually start asking questions about good
books and/or sites to learn more about building tools of my own design,
just what is the right way to set up a chisel, etc.

Thanks.

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

rec.woodworking is a pretty good group.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message
What's a good woodworking group? I'm doing a lot of model airplane work
these days. It's driving me to build my own tools, as well maintaining
my chisels to a higher level of keenness than I've ever done before
(balsa wood is very unforgiving of a dull blade).

So I want to start lurking, eventually start asking questions about good
books and/or sites to learn more about building tools of my own design,
just what is the right way to set up a chisel, etc.

Thanks.

--
www.wescottdesign.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
Tim Wescott wrote:

What's a good woodworking group? I'm doing a lot of model airplane work
these days. It's driving me to build my own tools, as well maintaining
my chisels to a higher level of keenness than I've ever done before
(balsa wood is very unforgiving of a dull blade).

So I want to start lurking, eventually start asking questions about good
books and/or sites to learn more about building tools of my own design,
just what is the right way to set up a chisel, etc.

Thanks.

When I have the time I hang with the neanderthals at the old tools
mailing list, as being somewhat higher s/n than rec.woodworking, but
currently I have about 15,000 unread messages in that mailbox, as I've
been short of time. Typical email listserve arrangement. Blurb follows:

To read the FAQ:
http://swingleydev.com/archive/faq.html

OldTools archive: http://swingleydev.com/archive/

Woodworking group [email protected] Woodworking 25 January 23rd 06 10:51 PM
Woodworking group J T Woodworking 0 January 22nd 06 08:28 PM
Woodworking group J T Woodworking 0 January 22nd 06 08:18 PM
Thought this was a rec.woodworking news group my bus.... Woodworking 3 January 3rd 06 03:01 PM
? Woodworking chat group still around CC Woodworking 3 September 27th 05 07:30 AM