Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Woodworking group

This is a really neat club. Have you guys considered setting up a
Woodworking group on mymapspace.com. This way memebers can see each
other location and also instant message each other. If you get a
chance, check it out - http://www.mymapspace.com

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Barta

This way memebers can see each
other location and also instant message each other.

It's chore enough talking to all these crusty old farts in usenet...
why on earth would I want to instant message with them too?

:-)

Joe Barta
Posted to rec.woodworking
David

wrote:

This is a really neat club. Have you guys considered setting up a
Woodworking group on mymapspace.com. This way memebers can see each
other location and also instant message each other. If you get a
chance, check it out -
http://www.mymapspace.com

Instant messaging?? And say something I might regret? Nah, I'm fine
posting here, thank you very much.

dave
Posted to rec.woodworking
Bruce T

Wow!! That sounds reelly neet!! I kin herdly wate to sea eech other
location and instant message eech other!! As soun as I heve a chence, I
chek yur weeb site.

wrote in message
oups.com...
This is a really neat club. Have you guys considered setting up a
Woodworking group on mymapspace.com. This way memebers can see each
other location and also instant message each other. If you get a
chance, check it out - http://www.mymapspace.com

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Barta

wrote:

Well, I never!!!

Never? I suppose in this modern era there are a few. Really though,
it's not so bad. Just do your homework and proceed with caution the
first few times. Be sure to take notes, as you'll need them down the
road. I do it all the time and except for filling out the monthly
reports, I'm almost unaware that I'm doing it. I will say this, you'll
go through a LOT of rubber gloves and plastic straws so be sure to
stock up. If you ever decide to give it a whirl, let us know how it
goes.

Joe Barta
Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Barta

J T wrote:

Now, explain to me just exactly why in the Seven Bouncing Hells

Seven Bouncing Hells... damn, I gotta remember that one!

would want anyone to know where I'm located?

Why *wouldn't* you? You afraid the dead soldiers kook is going to come
to your house and pee on your bushes?

And, if I want to
"instant message" anyone, I use the telephone.

Very often I prefer instant messaging to the phone. I suppose it's
more about preference than anything else. Plus you can send/recieve
files, not to mention there are no long distance charges.

Joe Barta
Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Ketchum

wrote in message
oups.com...
This is a really neat club. Have you guys considered setting up a
Woodworking group on mymapspace.com. This way memebers can see each
other location and also instant message each other. If you get a
chance, check it out - http://www.mymapspace.com

Wow sweet! Now we can give advice to each other real time in real time!

me: Ok leon, I have applied glue to everything, now what? hurry it is
setting up!
leon: clamp it
me: duh
jt: hey, you guys need any plans?
mike zuchik: god bless this project
123.355.6.3: do you assholes know how many people died in iraq while you
were building this thing?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

"Leon" wrote in message

"Joe Barta" wrote in message

This way memebers can see each
other location and also instant message each other.

It's chore enough talking to all these crusty old farts in usenet...
why on earth would I want to instant message with them too?

CRUSTY!!! Humph!

LOL. I stopped by Rockler yesterday to pick up some wood screws and the
place was full of "crusty old farts" watching one of those interminable
demonstrations they put on.

Hell, when I walked in _I_ brought the average age down about five years.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05

Posted to rec.woodworking
tom

We're not a club, we're a gang, yo. Tom

Posted to rec.woodworking
stoutman

"tom" wrote in message
oups.com...
We're not a club, we're a gang, yo. Tom

Word!!

--
Stoutman
http://home.triad.rr.com/brianmeliss...ing_frames.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis

On 21 Jan 2006 21:15:31 -0800, wrote:

This is a really neat club. Have you guys considered setting up a
Woodworking group on mymapspace.com. This way memebers can see each
other location and also instant message each other. If you get a
chance, check it out -
http://www.mymapspace.com

Duh.. maybe because (besides yourmapspace sucking really badly) IM's would only
reach those who weren't in their shops... why talk to THEM??

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 15:54:45 GMT, "stoutman" .@. wrote:

"tom" wrote in message
roups.com...
We're not a club, we're a gang, yo. Tom

Word!!

Werd??

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Posted to rec.woodworking

Hello All,

I just want to say thanks for considering the new website that I've
menetioned yesterday! You guys are really nice compare to somepeople
who wouldn't at least consider it before sayng no. I just thought I'd
be really cool having a woodworking group. I took woodshop before and
it was a lot of fun.

Have a nice day!

Posted to rec.woodworking
jo4hn

Ba r r y wrote:
On 21 Jan 2006 21:15:31 -0800, wrote:

This is a really neat club.

Cabal.

no
Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Barta

wrote:

Hello All,

I just want to say thanks for considering the new website that
I've menetioned yesterday! You guys are really nice compare to
somepeople who wouldn't at least consider it before sayng no. I
just thought I'd be really cool having a woodworking group. I took
woodshop before and it was a lot of fun.

You have to keep in mind demographics and benefits.

Realistically, what is the average demographic that your site would
appeal to and what is the average demographic of this group? And most
importantly, what benefits does your site offer and is this group
demographic looking for those benefits? Simple marketing 101.

Good luck with your site... it looks good!

Joe Barta

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 09:23:34 -0800, mac davis
wrote:

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 15:54:45 GMT, "stoutman" .@. wrote:

"tom" wrote in message
groups.com...
We're not a club, we're a gang, yo. Tom

Word!!

Werd??

w00t

Posted to rec.woodworking

Joe,

Thanks for the advice. Our demo is really general. We are interested in
creating a destination for everyone to connect. The neat thing about
the site is that people can see each other's location and make new
friends. Which I think can bring in more people who are interested in
woodworking.

I thank you for your advice and compliment. it means a lot!

Best!

Joe Barta wrote:
wrote:

Hello All,

I just want to say thanks for considering the new website that
I've menetioned yesterday! You guys are really nice compare to
somepeople who wouldn't at least consider it before sayng no. I
just thought I'd be really cool having a woodworking group. I took
woodshop before and it was a lot of fun.

You have to keep in mind demographics and benefits.

Realistically, what is the average demographic that your site would
appeal to and what is the average demographic of this group? And most
importantly, what benefits does your site offer and is this group
demographic looking for those benefits? Simple marketing 101.

Good luck with your site... it looks good!

Joe Barta

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Barta

wrote:

Thanks for the advice. Our demo is really general.

Maybe it would be wise to specific it up a bit. Open to all of
course... but who do you target?

I read an interesting bit about myspace.com... which is at least in
the same ballpark as your site. The developers of myspace said that
nearly all of their improvements and features were a result of user
suggestions. They built what their users seemed to want. I'm not sure
how that ties into this discussion of demographics, but it's a good
idea to keep in mind as you proceed.

We are
interested in creating a destination for everyone to connect.

Connections abound. And aside from the map angle, what is different
about your site?

The
neat thing about the site is that people can see each other's
location and make new friends.

Back to the demographic thing... at my age I already have enough
friends, and if I want to know their location, I'll just ask them ;-)

Which I think can bring in more
people who are interested in woodworking.

Bring them in to where? Your site? To discuss woodworking? Good luck.

Anyhow, I'm not trying to **** on your parade... just offer some
thinking points. I do wish you the best of luck.

Joe Barta
Posted to rec.woodworking
Robert Bonomi

In article ,