Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Whitehouse spying on social networking sites

On Sep 16, 11:51*am, Gunner Asch wrote:
White House spying on social networking web siteshttp://www.examiner.com/x-2684-Law-Enforcement-Examiner~y2009m9d16-Wh...

September 16, 9:50

The Obama White House "new media" operation contracted a technology
vendor to conduct a massive, secret effort to harvest personal
information on millions of Americans from Internet social networking
sites such as Facebook, MySpace and Twitter, according to a report by
Fox News Channel.

The Obama minions are interested in information such as comments, tag
lines, emails, audio, and video that mention -- or related to --
President Barack Obama .

The sites targeted for surveillance include Facebook, Twitter, MySpace,
YouTube, Flickr and others –- any space where the White House “maintains
a presence.”

According to the National Legal and Policy Center, this is the third
controversy involving the White House internet operations in less than a
month.

During the heated health care debate, President Obama asked Americans to
send information about critics of the White House health care effort to
a special White House email address. The ensuing firestorm of caused the
White House to terminate the email address ) and the
web site created for that purpose.

Subsequently, Fox News White House correspondent Major Garrett uncovered
the Obama Administration sending email spam from the White House
supporting the President’s health care position. *Again the White House
was forced to back down.

Now the same people at the White House are at it again with an ambitious
plan to harvest huge amounts of information from the web and
specifically social networking sites, according to NLPC.

And the news media silence on this latest politically-charged action is
deafening.

Last week, The Examiner reported on Obama's intention to appoint a
so-called Cyber Czar. During a White House announcement televised on Fox
News, CNN and other news networks, Obama said he will appoint a cyber
security coordinator -- or Cyber Czar -- for the critical infrastructure
that all Americans depend on.

"We will ensure that these networks are secure, trustworthy and
resilient," he said. "We will deter, prevent, detect and defend against
attacks, and recover quickly from any disruptions or damage."

The cyber security office will orchestrate and integrate all cyber
security policies for the government, the president said. It will work
closely with the Office of Management and Budget to ensure agency
budgets reflect those priorities, and, in the event of major cyber
incident or attack, it will coordinate government response.

But Critics point out that any high-tech program that entails government
intrusion should be carefully monitored by not only the US Congress but
also private sector experts in cyber security and computer-based
espionage.

"People went ballistic when they discovered the Bush White House
authorized the interception of telephone and other electronic
communications by intelligence and law enforcement agencies, and rightly
so. Yet, I haven't heard a peep from these same people who claim they
are concerned with 'privacy rights,'" said security expert and former
NYPD cop Mike Fitzgerald.

"This may come back to haunt us as the first step down a truly slippery
slope," said former the Police detective and director of security.

"The technology involved is so complicated that it may take computer
scientists to discover whether the government is protecting Americans on
the worldwide web or spying on them. And what are businesses that rely
on the Internet supposed to do if the President closes down the
Internet?" asks Sam McCarthy a former police commander now a computer
security expert..

The cyber infrastructure is not limited to the federal government. The
office will work with state and local governments and international
partners to combat cyber attacks, and also will work with the private
sector to ensure an organized and unified response to future cyber
incidents, Obama stated.

Experts agree that America's economic prosperity in the 21st century
will depend on cyber security, which also affects public safety and
national security. However, most experts contacted by NewswithViews.com
said that cyber security should be the responsibility of the private
sector not government officials.

"We count on computer networks to deliver our oil and gas, our power and
our water," said McCarthy.

"Computers help run public transportation networks from the skies to
subways, he noted, and hackers have launched attacks on electrical
grids," he added.

Part of the Obama program is a national campaign to promote cyber
security awareness and digital literacy. The effort also will be part of
the president's initiative to build a digital work force for the 21st
century. However, according to security experts, Obama is seeking powers
never before given to a President even during the height of the Cold
War.

"Once Americans realize what's happening it may be too late thanks to
Obama's supporters in the news media. Do a search and you won't see
stories about this power grab in the major media," warns Baker.
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an
unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

What does this have to do with metalworking? Lets keep to the topic.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Janet_of_all_trades" wrote in message
What does this have to do with metalworking? Lets keep to the topic.

+1
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-09-16, Joe AutoDrill wrote:
"Janet_of_all_trades" wrote in message
What does this have to do with metalworking? Lets keep to the topic.

+1

Besides, what is described is not even "spying". Spying would be more
along of what the Bush administration did, that is, obtaining a secret
tap to Internet network traffic. What is described here is a simple
lookup of information that was intended to be public. It is analogous
to googling my own name to see who mentioned me.

Those who believe that looking at public blogs is "spying",
live in a fantasy world.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-09-16, Joe AutoDrill wrote:
"Janet_of_all_trades" wrote in message
What does this have to do with metalworking? Lets keep to the topic.

+1

Besides, what is described is not even "spying". Spying would be more
along of what the Bush administration did, that is, obtaining a secret
tap to Internet network traffic. What is described here is a simple
lookup of information that was intended to be public. It is analogous
to googling my own name to see who mentioned me.

Those who believe that looking at public blogs is "spying",
live in a fantasy world.

You sound like you're surprised about that, Iggy. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 10:14:56 -0700 (PDT), Janet_of_all_trades
wrote:

[...]

Thats another file the the Feebs just added on you.

Shrug. Hows it feel?

Gunner

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an
unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 12:45:49 -0500, Ignoramus31381

On 2009-09-16, Joe AutoDrill wrote:
"Janet_of_all_trades" wrote in message
What does this have to do with metalworking? Lets keep to the topic.

+1

Besides, what is described is not even "spying". Spying would be more
along of what the Bush administration did, that is, obtaining a secret
tap to Internet network traffic. What is described here is a simple
lookup of information that was intended to be public. It is analogous
to googling my own name to see who mentioned me.

Those who believe that looking at public blogs is "spying",
live in a fantasy world.

Now the next question Comrade..is why are they bothering to keep
detailed records of who posted what..and when?

Think hard before answering about our Marxists in charge.

Gunner

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an
unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-09-16, Joe AutoDrill wrote:
"Janet_of_all_trades" wrote in message
What does this have to do with metalworking? Lets keep to the topic.

+1

Besides, what is described is not even "spying". Spying would be more
along of what the Bush administration did, that is, obtaining a secret
tap to Internet network traffic. What is described here is a simple
lookup of information that was intended to be public. It is analogous
to googling my own name to see who mentioned me.

Those who believe that looking at public blogs is "spying",
live in a fantasy world.

Now the next question Comrade..is why are they bothering to keep
detailed records of who posted what..and when?

Think hard before answering about our Marxists in charge.

Read the solicitation form the White House:

http://www.nlpc.org/sites/default/fi...WHOS090003.pdf

You will see that it seeks to comply with Presidential Records act and
seeks to "archive PRA content" that is posted by persons covered by
PRA, on external websites.

It is a very simple document.

When Republicans spin this PRA archiving project to make it look like
"spying", the only thing is accomplishes is it makes them look
dishonest.

The way I look at it, people who spread this story are dishonest, and
people who believe it are suckers.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-09-16, Joe AutoDrill wrote:
"Janet_of_all_trades" wrote in message
What does this have to do with metalworking? Lets keep to the topic.

+1

Besides, what is described is not even "spying". Spying would be more
along of what the Bush administration did, that is, obtaining a secret
tap to Internet network traffic. What is described here is a simple
lookup of information that was intended to be public. It is analogous
to googling my own name to see who mentioned me.

Those who believe that looking at public blogs is "spying",
live in a fantasy world.

Now the next question Comrade..is why are they bothering to keep
detailed records of who posted what..and when?

Think hard before answering about our Marxists in charge.

Gunner

They probably are looking for serious-sounding threats to the president or
other government officials that could be getting organized online, like the
Arab terrorists do.

Maybe it starts with something like "in three years, the people are going to
rise up and start killing liberals." The file on you must be thicker than
your head. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-09-16, Joe AutoDrill wrote:
"Janet_of_all_trades" wrote in message
What does this have to do with metalworking? Lets keep to the topic.

+1

Besides, what is described is not even "spying". Spying would be more
along of what the Bush administration did, that is, obtaining a secret
tap to Internet network traffic. What is described here is a simple
lookup of information that was intended to be public. It is analogous
to googling my own name to see who mentioned me.

Those who believe that looking at public blogs is "spying",
live in a fantasy world.

You sound like you're surprised about that, Iggy. d8-)

Actually the Republican spin is much more dishonest than appears at
the first glance. Read my other post where I mention the original
government solicitation.

http://www.nlpc.org/sites/default/fi...WHOS090003.pdf

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-09-16, Joe AutoDrill wrote:
"Janet_of_all_trades" wrote in message
What does this have to do with metalworking? Lets keep to the topic.

+1

Besides, what is described is not even "spying". Spying would be more
along of what the Bush administration did, that is, obtaining a secret
tap to Internet network traffic. What is described here is a simple
lookup of information that was intended to be public. It is analogous
to googling my own name to see who mentioned me.

Those who believe that looking at public blogs is "spying",
live in a fantasy world.

You sound like you're surprised about that, Iggy. d8-)

Actually the Republican spin is much more dishonest than appears at
the first glance. Read my other post where I mention the original
government solicitation.

http://www.nlpc.org/sites/default/fi...WHOS090003.pdf

I did, and I have it open. Jeez, I have to go back for another speed-reading
course. This is getting heavy.

But I searched on a few terms and I see what you mean.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 2009-09-16, Joe AutoDrill wrote:
[...]

And you left the USSR for what reason again? Pravda started telling the
truth and you couldnt stand it?

Gunner

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an
unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 2009-09-16, Joe AutoDrill wrote:
[...]

Can we go back to the subject of this discussion?

Do you agree that representing this PRA archiving project as "spying"
is dishonest?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 2009-09-16, Joe AutoDrill wrote:
[...]

And the Purpose doesnt bother you very much, does it? So you are
saying that Obama and Co. are telling you the truth. Right?

That will be a first, wont it?

Gunner

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an
unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 2009-09-16, Joe AutoDrill wrote:
[...]

They are required to comply with the Presidential Records Act and to
archive public content posted by PRA covered persons (as wlel as
ensuing discussions). That does not bother me. I also cannot call it
spying.

Let's say that I was archiving my posts and replies to my posts in
this newsgroup. Would that be spying?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

What does this have to do with metalworking? Lets keep to the topic.

+1

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-09-16, Joe AutoDrill wrote:
[...]

Of course not. Further, let's say that you were REQUIRED BY LAW to
archive those posts and replies. Would Gunner call that spying? Well,
he might, if your name happened to be Obama.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

What does this have to do with metalworking? Lets keep to the topic.

+1

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 10:14:56 -0700, Janet_of_all_trades wrote:

What does this have to do with metalworking? Lets keep to the topic.

If Commisar Obama gets his way, there won't BE any metalworking.

Hope This Helps!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-09-16, Joe AutoDrill wrote:
"Janet_of_all_trades" wrote in message
What does this have to do with metalworking? Lets keep to the topic.

+1

Besides, what is described is not even "spying". Spying would be more
along of what the Bush administration did, that is, obtaining a secret tap
to Internet network traffic. What is described here is a simple lookup of
information that was intended to be public. It is analogous to googling my
own name to see who mentioned me.

Those who believe that looking at public blogs is "spying", live in a
fantasy world.

You can rest assured that comments besides Obamania will be targeted and
your info will be recorded, so that the Commisar can compile an enemies
list.

I just don't like the idea of Big Brother peering over my shoulder - it's
anathema to Liberty.

Get ahold of a copy of George Orwell's "1984", and see how accurate it is
today.

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 14:51:07 -0400, Ed Huntress wrote:

Maybe it starts with something like "in three years, the people are going
to rise up and start killing liberals." The file on you must be thicker
than your head. d8-)

Nah - starting next year, they'll simply vote all the commies out of
office.

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 14:23:32 -0500, Ignoramus31381 wrote:

They are required to comply with the Presidential Records Act and to
archive public content posted by PRA covered persons (as wlel as ensuing
discussions). That does not bother me. I also cannot call it spying.

What the hell is this "Presidential Records Act" and what is it intended
to accomplish?

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-09-16, Gunner Asch wrote:

And you left the USSR for what reason again? Pravda started telling
the truth and you couldnt stand it?

Can we go back to the subject of this discussion?

Yeah - why, exactly, was it that you left the USSR? I couldn't help but
notice that you've completely evaded the question by changing the subject.
I'm sure your liberal friends didn't notice, but to those of us who
haven't completely stifled our powers of observation, it raises lots of
red flags.

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-09-16, Richard the Dreaded Libertarian wrote:
On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 14:23:32 -0500, Ignoramus31381 wrote:

They are required to comply with the Presidential Records Act and to
archive public content posted by PRA covered persons (as wlel as ensuing
discussions). That does not bother me. I also cannot call it spying.

What the hell is this "Presidential Records Act" and what is it intended
to accomplish?

Presidential Records Act was established after abuses of Republican
administration of Richard Nixon, and attempts to destroy or conceal
evidence of their wrongdoings.

It is described in good detail on Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidential_Records_Act

It requires that all communications of the US President are properly
recorded and records preserved.

These communication, nowadays, include Presidential communications in
public media, such as MySpace.

Since the Administration is required to archive those communications,
they are soliciting offers to implement an electronic archival system.

For examples of non-compliance with the Presidential Records Act, see
this interesting article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_Wh...il_controversy

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-09-16, Gunner Asch wrote:

And you left the USSR for what reason again? Pravda started telling
the truth and you couldnt stand it?

Can we go back to the subject of this discussion?

Yeah - why, exactly, was it that you left the USSR? I couldn't help but
notice that you've completely evaded the question by changing the subject.
I'm sure your liberal friends didn't notice, but to those of us who
haven't completely stifled our powers of observation, it raises lots of
red flags.

To help you recall the subject, it was "Whitehouse spying on social
networking sites".

I left Russia when Soviet Union no longer existed. Whatever are the
reasons why I left Russia, they have precious little to do with
"Whitehouse spying on social networking sites", which is the subject
of this thread. I am a US citizen as of now, and have the best
interests of the US at heart. I do not think calling compliance with
PRA and archiving of Presidential public postings "spying" serves
those best interests, and needs to be exposed.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 2009-09-16, Joe AutoDrill wrote:
[...]

No, I dont. Anything that the Obamassiah has his hands in...needs to be
looked at very very very carefuly.

Get back to me in a month after other people..people in the know have
vetted it.

Obviously you somehow missed the connection between two brands of
Marxists and their capability for evil, that I presented to you.

Gunner

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an
unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-09-16, Joe AutoDrill wrote:
[...]

Ed Huntress- Hide quoted text -

And his head is REALLY REALLY BIG. ;)

And of course there is a file on Gunner...and those who agree with
him.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-09-16, Gunner Asch wrote:

[...]

Ig...good to have you here.

Your contributions are appreciated.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 17:03:16 -0500, Ignoramus31381 wrote:
I am a US citizen as of now, and have the best interests of
the US at heart.

If that's true, then why are you an Obamanist?

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-09-16, Joe AutoDrill wrote:
[...]

Gunner, do you actually own stock in a tinfoil company?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Janet_of_all_trades" wrote .

What does this have to do with metalworking? Lets keep to the topic.

Standard reply: Was I drunk or absent the day you were put in charge? New
here, huh?

Look above at the Subject line. If it says, "How hot lard can improve your
sex life", it will probably be something about that. Opening this Subject,
reading it, then spreading estrogenic bitch over it is like eating a steak
and sending back the empty plate with a complaint to the chef.

Sheesh. HTH, but I doubt it. You got a metalworking question? We will be
glad to help you with that.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-09-16, Joe AutoDrill wrote:
[...]

Then you should stay the **** off the internet. Certainly off usenet
and any other public forums. This **** is archived all over the place,
and that's not only by the government - google [ " Whitehouse spying
on social networking sites " richard ] and you'll get a link to this
thread, complete with your posts and mine, as well as a link to the
RitterCNC site that has the same thread, with your posts. Get used to
it.

I wouldn't write anything in these places that I wouldn't want a
prospective employer, an IRS agent, a cop or my wife to see.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus31381 wrote:
(...)

Let's say that I was archiving my posts and replies to my posts in
this newsgroup. Would that be spying?

No but don't record your home phone calls.
That'll get you fired.

AMHIKT

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 17, 12:47*am, Winston wrote:
Ignoramus31381 wrote:

(...)

Let's say that I was archiving my posts and replies to my posts in
this newsgroup. Would that be spying?

No but don't record your home phone calls.
That'll get you fired.

AMHIKT

--Winston

OK, I'm asking. Phone recording laws vary state-to-state. In NJ, it is
legal to record a conversation as long as at least one of the
participants is aware of the recording. There do not have to be any
telltale beeps. If you got fired for doing something legal at home,
perhaps you want to talk to a lawyer,
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

OK, I'm asking. Phone recording laws vary state-to-state. In NJ, it is
legal to record a conversation as long as at least one of the
participants is aware of the recording. There do not have to be any
telltale beeps. If you got fired for doing something legal at home,
perhaps you want to talk to a lawyer,

Incorrect. Here in NJ that would be troe of face-to-face conversations, but
the law for a telephone conversation says there must be a beep every 15
seconds or a disclaimer prior to recording...

That is why I love it when the people on the other end say, "This phone call
may be recorded for quality assurance purposes" and my reply is "Thank you.
Hold on a sec while I get the recorder plugged in." I accept their
statement as giving ME permission to record...
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message
OK, I'm asking. Phone recording laws vary state-to-state. In NJ, it is
legal to record a conversation as long as at least one of the
participants is aware of the recording. There do not have to be any
telltale beeps. If you got fired for doing something legal at home,
perhaps you want to talk to a lawyer,

Incorrect. Here in NJ that would be troe of face-to-face conversations,
but the law for a telephone conversation says there must be a beep every
15 seconds or a disclaimer prior to recording...

That is why I love it when the people on the other end say, "This phone
call may be recorded for quality assurance purposes" and my reply is
"Thank you. Hold on a sec while I get the recorder plugged in." I accept
their statement as giving ME permission to record...

I stand corrected! Apparently the law changed from the last time I
researched it during a dispute with a tenant at a property I owned... NJ
seems to be a one party state now!

Sorry for the mis-information above.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message
OK, I'm asking. Phone recording laws vary state-to-state. In NJ, it is
legal to record a conversation as long as at least one of the
participants is aware of the recording. There do not have to be any
telltale beeps. If you got fired for doing something legal at home,
perhaps you want to talk to a lawyer,

Incorrect. Here in NJ that would be troe of face-to-face conversations,
but the law for a telephone conversation says there must be a beep every
15 seconds or a disclaimer prior to recording...

Incorrect. g Ranger is right. Joe, as a writer, those recordings are my
bread and butter. NJ law is as he says it is.

The federal law on this is the same as NJ: one party must be aware. In other
words, no third-party wiretaps.

The tricky part is this: If I receive a call from a state that requires both
parties to be notified, I can record it legally without notifying the other
party. If I MAKE a call to that state, I can't. You can get a list of which
states are which.

--
Ed Huntress

That is why I love it when the people on the other end say, "This phone
call may be recorded for quality assurance purposes" and my reply is
"Thank you. Hold on a sec while I get the recorder plugged in." I accept
their statement as giving ME permission to record...
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

rangerssuck wrote:
On Sep 17, 12:47 am, Winston wrote:
Ignoramus31381 wrote:

(...)

Let's say that I was archiving my posts and replies to my posts in
this newsgroup. Would that be spying?

No but don't record your home phone calls.
That'll get you fired.

AMHIKT

--Winston

OK, I'm asking. Phone recording laws vary state-to-state. In NJ, it is
legal to record a conversation as long as at least one of the
participants is aware of the recording. There do not have to be any
telltale beeps. If you got fired for doing something legal at home,
perhaps you want to talk to a lawyer,

Why talk to a lawyer (or a judge)?
They are the property of the folks that fired me, and the legal
infrastructure knows it. Life in a kleptocracy.

Somehow, the company didn't want to charge me with violation of
my state's law against recording my home phone calls.
They would have to listen to me document the N+1 state and federal
laws the corporation broke, that prompted me to begin recording
in the first place.

Vandalism, assault, theft, practicing medicine without a license,
computer fraud, wire fraud, breaking and entering, medical fraud
and worse.

That would have been inconvenient for them but it wasn't worth
handing over my life savings to some lawyer.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:
[...]

I believe PART of that is technology.

Considering that the voice data is transmitted by (and through) computers,
then yes, it obviously HAS been recorded.

And telephone switch technology also stores voice data while transmitting.

Have you ever called someone who was standing right beside you?
That 2 to 3 second delay is NOT electrical propagation.
It's SOFTWARE propagation...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Incorrect. g Ranger is right. Joe, as a writer, those recordings are my
bread and butter. NJ law is as he says it is.

The federal law on this is the same as NJ: one party must be aware. In
other words, no third-party wiretaps.

The tricky part is this: If I receive a call from a state that requires
both parties to be notified, I can record it legally without notifying the
other party. If I MAKE a call to that state, I can't. You can get a list
of which states are which.

--
Ed Huntress

I caught that error about 10 seconds after I sent it... Seems the last time
I looked, the law was different.

Any idea when it changed? I was researching it in depth about 3 years ago
and found numerous places where it said it was two party consent on a phone
but single in person.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Winston wrote:

Vandalism, assault, theft, practicing medicine without a license,
computer fraud, wire fraud, breaking and entering, medical fraud
and worse.

Congress practices medicine without a license by denying that
Veterans have some health issues.