Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Let the brainwashing begin .............

September 8, Obama will be piped into all public schools for a speech.
Probably about how to snitch on their parents.

This is scary. This is sick.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" wrote in message
September 8, Obama will be piped into all public schools for a speech.
Probably about how to snitch on their parents.

This is scary. This is sick.

Steve

Damn! Look at this, from Rightpundits.com:

"In yet one more historic moment for this White House, Barack Obama will
hold a nationwide speech for school children. Apparently, The One will
challenge students to work hard, set educational goals, and take
responsibility for their learning. He will also call for a "shared
responsibility and commitment" on the part of students, parents and
educators to ensure that every child in every school receives the best
education possible so they can compete in the global economy for good jobs
and live rewarding and productive lives as American citizens."

Man, if that doesn't scare the hell out of you, what will? The sick *******s
want our kids to work hard and take responsibility!

How will they ever learn to be a good, upstanding redneck if they listen to
that? What will become of conservatives?

You're right, Steve. There's some real sickness here. 'Hope you get well
soon. g

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

SteveB wrote:
September 8, Obama will be piped into all public schools for a speech.
Probably about how to snitch on their parents.

This is scary. This is sick.

Here's another dubious first:

NEA enlisting artists to use their talents to promote Obama's Agendae on
Health, Can and trade. "This is just the beginning"

http://online.wsj.com/article_email/...TEwNDEyWj.html

Seems like this was popular in Europe in the 1930s.

here is the article:

From "The National Endowment for the Art of Persuasion?" by Patrick
Courrielche, posted on BigHollywood.Breitbart.com on Aug. 25:

On Thursday August 6th, I was invited by the National Endowment for the
Arts to attend a conference call scheduled for Monday August 10th hosted
by the NEA, the White House Office of Public Engagement, and United We
Serve. The call would include "a group of artists, producers, promoters,
organizers, influencers, marketers, taste-makers, leaders or just plain
cool people to join together and work together to promote a more
civically engaged America and celebrate how the arts can be used for a
positive change!"

I learned after the conference call that there were *approximately 75
people participating, including many well *respected street-artists,
filmmakers, art galleries, music venues, musicians and music producers,
writers, poets, actors, independent media outlets, marketers, and
various other professionals from the creative community. . . .

Backed by the full weight of President Barack Obama's call to service
and the institutional weight of the NEA, the conference call was billed
as an opportunity for those in the art community to inspire service in
four key categories, and at the top of the list were "health care" and
"energy and environment." . . .

It sounded, how should I phrase it . . . unusual, that the NEA would
invite the art community to a meeting to discuss issues currently under
vehement national debate. I decided to call in, and what I heard
concerned me. . . .

Throughout the conversation my inner dialogue was firing away questions
so fast that the NRA would've been envious. Is this truly the role of
the NEA? Is building a message distribution network, for matters other
than increasing access to the arts and arts education, the role of the
National Endowment for the Arts? Is providing the art community issues
to address, especially those that are currently being vehemently debated
*nationally, a legitimate role for the NEA? I found it highly *unlikely
that this was in their original charter, so I checked.

The NEA published a book entitled "National Endowment for the Arts: A
History 1965-2008" early this year. Combing through the 40+ year history
of the NEA, I could not find a single instance of the agency creating or
supporting a national initiative that encouraged the art community to
address current issues under contentious *debate.

The NEA was created by the Congress of the United States and President
Lyndon B. Johnson in 1965 as "a public agency dedicated to supporting
excellence in the arts, both new and established; bringing the arts to
all Americans; and providing leadership in arts education." The issue of
health care is curiously absent from this description on their website.
.. . .

I leave you with a few statements made by the NEA to the art community
participants on the conference call. "This is just the beginning. This
is the first telephone call of a brand new conversation. We are just now
learning how to really bring this community together to speak with the
government. What that looks like legally? . . . bear with us as we learn
the language so that we can speak to each other safely . . ."

Is the hair on your arms standing up yet?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

"SteveB" wrote in message
[...]

Good thing I never fell for any of that type of crap and never joined as
a good little sheep in your great society.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Pete C." wrote in message
ster.com...

Ed Huntress wrote:

"SteveB" wrote in message
[...]

In which society are you a good little sheep then, Pete? Is that the
Malcontents and Birthers? Or the Dropouts?

I'm trying to figure out what you guys have against telling kids they should
work hard and be responsible. But then, you seem to have a lot of attitudes
that are hard to figure out.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message
ster.com...

Ed Huntress wrote:

"SteveB" wrote in message
[...]

None of the above.

I'm trying to figure out what you guys have against telling kids they should
work hard and be responsible. But then, you seem to have a lot of attitudes
that are hard to figure out.

I just happen to realize that there is no legitimacy in the US or any
other government. The entire thing is a house of cards built on a
foundation of violence. I suppose you would say that makes me an
anarchist, but that isn't true either.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Let's wait until Obama actually says what he wants to say, and then
we'll see how evil was the speech.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

SteveB wrote:
September 8, Obama will be piped into all public schools for a speech.
Probably about how to snitch on their parents.

This is scary. This is sick.

Steve

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Pete C." wrote in message
ster.com...

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message
ster.com...

Ed Huntress wrote:

"SteveB" wrote in message
[...]

Oh, OK then, now we understand...?

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 2 Sep 2009 11:08:24 -0600, "SteveB" wrote:

September 8, Obama will be piped into all public schools for a speech.
Probably about how to snitch on their parents.

This is scary. This is sick.

Steve

Sounds like a good day for the kid to stay home, or go to the beach...or
have a Teachers Administration Day...and not go in to school.

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with
minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing
clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do---
his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him.
The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies.
He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 11:08:24 -0600, SteveB wrote:

September 8, Obama will be piped into all public schools for a speech.
Probably about how to snitch on their parents.

This is scary. This is sick.

Hear, hear!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_Eighty-Four

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 15:29:24 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

SteveB wrote:
September 8, Obama will be piped into all public schools for a speech.
Probably about how to snitch on their parents.

This is scary. This is sick.

Steve

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia

It's NOT paranoia if they really ARE out to get you.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Richard the Dreaded Libertarian wrote:

On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 11:08:24 -0600, SteveB wrote:

September 8, Obama will be piped into all public schools for a speech.
Probably about how to snitch on their parents.

This is scary. This is sick.

Hear, hear!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_Eighty-Four

If Obama's goal is to use the children, with empty heads of mush, to influence the
political decisions of said child's parents, using a forum funded by government, then I
think the President is operating way across the line.

I guess to stay in the spirit of your link, President Obama is a big brother

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 2, 7:42*pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
"Pete C." wrote in message

ster.com...

Ed Huntress wrote:

"SteveB" wrote in message
[...]

I just do not think it is one of the powers delegated to the Federal
Government. I think that is one of my powers.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor
prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States
respectively, or to the people.

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

SteveB wrote:
September 8, Obama will be piped into all public schools for a
speech. Probably about how to snitch on their parents.

This is scary. This is sick.

Steve

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia

It's NOT paranoia if they really ARE out to get you.

You're right Steve.
This is the first step in a diabolical plot.
Pretty soon school children will be required to chant an oath egiance
while
standing at attention and saluting every morning.

--
John R. Carroll

Sounds like the Catholic school I attended. If it is a diabolical plot that
every AMERICAN child stand at attention, shut up, take their hats off, and
for one minute and say pledge of allegiance and put their little hands over
their hearts, let the plot begin. It was so in my days, and I didn't turn
out bad. We have people RIGHT NOW who don't have the mental clarity to take
off their backwards facing ball caps and shut up on the conversation for the
National Anthem ON ****ING NATIONAL TELEVISION.

YES, we need to hatch a plot to reinstill national pride, respect, and at
least common decency. I'm all for it. I am NOT for a program of
indoctrination of our children about the virtues of homosexuality,
masturbation, alternative lifestyles, green planet hoaxes, sex education,
politics, and other objectionable things that is being spoon fed to our
children.

In my state, children are shown movies at school about what child abuse is.
A couple at our church have two children, and wanted to adopt another. They
own a thriving business. Their son is five, and daughter sixteen and thinks
she can go hang on the corner with her homies, do what she wants, and come
home if she wants. One night Mom wouldn't allow her to go out, stood in her
way. The daughter called 911, as per the instructions of the school movies.
Cops came. Parents taken away in handcuffs. Kids taken to CPS. Teenage
girl snerking at mom and dad all the time. Parents bond out quickly, but
kids have to stay in CPS dorms for nearly two weeks in which time Sis gets
to form a new attitude about what a trick she pulled on Mom and Dad. Finds
out that from now on, they will be monitored by a case worker. If she's
ever picked up after curfew, or for basically ANY run in with the law,
she'll be placed in a foster home. That Mom and Dad can not apply for
adopting foster kids FOREVER.

This is the stuff our kids are hearing and learning in school.

A plot? Balderdash and piffle!

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
On Sep 2, 7:42 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
"Pete C." wrote in message

ster.com...

Ed Huntress wrote:

"SteveB" wrote in message
[...]

Hold your phone calls, folks. We do have a winner!

Steve

Kudos, Dan.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
Richard the Dreaded Libertarian wrote:

On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 11:08:24 -0600, SteveB wrote:

September 8, Obama will be piped into all public schools for a speech.
Probably about how to snitch on their parents.

This is scary. This is sick.

Hear, hear!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_Eighty-Four

If Obama's goal is to use the children, with empty heads of mush, to
influence the
political decisions of said child's parents, using a forum funded by
government, then I
think the President is operating way across the line.

Yeah, like Kennedy with all of that exercise stuff. Freakin' Council on
Youth Fitness, and all of those haranguing newsletters signed by the
President, and the films and booklets warping our little minds to believe
that we should be fit. And all of those President's Challenge workouts we
had to take.

Jeez. (Many here are too young to remember this, but it was a lot
heavier-handed than what we're hearing from Obama.)

And Nancy Reagan with all of that anti-drug propaganda! Sheesh, didn't she
know how to have a good time?

And now Obama wants kids to work hard and be responsible. When will this
brainwashing and despotism end?

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
On Sep 2, 7:42 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
"Pete C." wrote in message

ster.com...

Ed Huntress wrote:

"SteveB" wrote in message
[...]

Great. Now, why aren't you doing it?

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor
prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States
respectively, or to the people.

Which one, the states, or the people? g

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

SteveB wrote:

wrote in message
On Sep 2, 7:42 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
"Pete C." wrote in message

ster.com...

Ed Huntress wrote:

"SteveB" wrote in message
[...]

Powers delegated from where exactly?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 2 Sep 2009 13:20:42 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

"SteveB" wrote in message
[...]

And pay taxes up the yingyang.

How will they ever learn to be a good, upstanding redneck if they listen to
that? What will become of conservatives?

They'll (we'll?) outlive you.

You're right, Steve. There's some real sickness here. 'Hope you get well
soon. g

He's talking about teaching the kids how to redistribute their wealth
so he can waste it elsewhere. The real end of that statement was "and
live rewarding and productive lives as American citizens who will fund
our wanton extravagances and lost causes." before the speech writers
spun it.

--
Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority.
ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:
"SteveB" wrote in message
[...]

I'm all for it! These kids will become the responsible taxpayers
who'll be feeding the dollars into my Social Security checks!

David
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 2, 8:48*pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

[...]

Ed, you can't win this one. They've got all the tin foil.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 2, 1:08*pm, "SteveB" wrote:
September 8, Obama will be piped into all public schools for a speech.
Probably about how to snitch on their parents.

This is scary. *This is sick.

Steve

In case you missed it, last November, the people of the USA elected a
relatively liberal president. You guys who love to quote the
constitution should be able to understand the process. Go get
yourselves a candidate and run him (or her) in 2012. Until then, grow
the **** up. If you don't want your kids to hear their president, keep
them home. Or better yet, get them little tin foil hats, and home-
school them,

You know damned well that there will be nothing in the speech about
snitching on anyone, but in your usual, predictable fashion, you have
made up bull**** facts to support your own narrow-minded view of the
world.

Let's talk about this on September ninth, when you can make up
bull**** interpretations of what was actually said on the eighth.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:
"SteveB" wrote in message
[...]

Sounds to me like Barry needs to go down into the hood and, through his
network of community organizers, hit this in the breadbasket for the best
results.

On September 9, or later, we will have time to analyze whether this was a
rah rah rah go get a good education speech, or just another ......... yawn
........... photo op with canned drivel a la carte du jour teleprompter from
speechwriters and Sol Alinski and Rev. Wright and Ayers, and all Barry's
idols.

I'm suspicious from the start, and I could be proven wrong. You, on the
other hand, seem to know all the answers and never are wrong. I, too, hope
you get over it sometime soon and see a speedy recovery.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" wrote in message
[...]

Where does it say that's what he's going to talk to the kids about?

How will they ever learn to be a good, upstanding redneck if they listen
that? What will become of conservatives?

They'll (we'll?) outlive you.

I expect you will. But I'm a lot older than you. g

You're right, Steve. There's some real sickness here. 'Hope you get well
soon. g

He's talking about teaching the kids how to redistribute their wealth
so he can waste it elsewhere.

Really? Have you read the script?

The real end of that statement was "and
live rewarding and productive lives as American citizens who will fund
our wanton extravagances and lost causes." before the speech writers
spun it.

You're talking through your hat. The one thing that aligns you with the
righty contingent here is that most of the political and economic issues you
talk about are products of your imagination, not of the facts. You're making
up a case to reinforce your ideological leanings, which most of the righties
here do.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"David R.Birch" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
"SteveB" wrote in message
[...]

That's a foregone conclusion no matter which party is in office.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message

[...]

I've been here a long time, Ranger. Don't worry, I'm not trying to win
anything. It's mostly writing exercise, to keep me in shape. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" wrote in message

Ed Huntress wrote:
"SteveB" wrote in message
[...]

Sure. As Iggy said, there's really nothing to say about all of this until we
actually hear it ourselves. That's the voice of reason, which is both
annoying and totally inappropriate on this newsgroup. d8-)

I'm suspicious from the start, and I could be proven wrong.

'Nothing wrong with being skeptical. But there's no reason to call it
"sick," either. You don't even know what the content is, but you're saying
you're scared and the speech is sick -- a speech you haven't even heard.

You jumped the shark on that one, Steve.

You, on the other hand, seem to know all the answers and never are wrong.
I, too, hope you get over it sometime soon and see a speedy recovery.

Steve

I'm surprised you think I'm never wrong. Sometimes I'm just more interested
to see if the righties are up to checking out what they're saying and making
a coherent point, or if they're just talking through their hats, and I don't
care much about right or wrong. Some issues don't have a "right" or a
"wrong." They're just piles of slush.

But letting the various right-wing pathologies fester here without a
response would be totally irresponsible of me. You have to keep the pitchers
from getting into a rhythm, or they'll throw off the plate and get too many
balls called strikes. g

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 2 Sep 2009 23:13:53 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

.. .

"SteveB" wrote in message
[...]

He's a liberal democrat. What else -can- he say?

How will they ever learn to be a good, upstanding redneck if they listen
that? What will become of conservatives?

They'll (we'll?) outlive you.

I expect you will. But I'm a lot older than you. g

You're right, Steve. There's some real sickness here. 'Hope you get well
soon. g

He's talking about teaching the kids how to redistribute their wealth
so he can waste it elsewhere.

Really? Have you read the script?

Yeah, in 50 previous bookings for folks with like minds.
Google "modus operandi", Ed.

The real end of that statement was "and
live rewarding and productive lives as American citizens who will fund
our wanton extravagances and lost causes." before the speech writers
spun it.

You're talking through your hat. The one thing that aligns you with the
righty contingent here is that most of the political and economic issues you
talk about are products of your imagination, not of the facts. You're making
up a case to reinforce your ideological leanings, which most of the righties
here do.

Prove me wrong about him, damnit! Pretty please?

--
Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority.
ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to
be good masters, but they mean to be masters. --Daniel Webster

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

And you're pretty damned good at it. Maybe you ought to take it up
professionally ;-)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Wed, 2 Sep 2009 23:13:53 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

. ..

"SteveB" wrote in message
[...]

Circumstantial ad hominem.

How will they ever learn to be a good, upstanding redneck if they listen
that? What will become of conservatives?

They'll (we'll?) outlive you.

I expect you will. But I'm a lot older than you. g

You're right, Steve. There's some real sickness here. 'Hope you get well
soon. g

He's talking about teaching the kids how to redistribute their wealth
so he can waste it elsewhere.

Really? Have you read the script?

Yeah, in 50 previous bookings for folks with like minds.
Google "modus operandi", Ed.

Google Circumstantial Ad Hominem, Larry, and we'll compare Latin notes.

The real end of that statement was "and
live rewarding and productive lives as American citizens who will fund
our wanton extravagances and lost causes." before the speech writers
spun it.

You're talking through your hat. The one thing that aligns you with the
righty contingent here is that most of the political and economic issues
you
talk about are products of your imagination, not of the facts. You're
making
up a case to reinforce your ideological leanings, which most of the
righties
here do.

Prove me wrong about him, damnit! Pretty please?

That's not my job. My job is to keep your logic and your rhetoric clean and
pure. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message

[...]

Well, thanks. I have to get working at it a little harder again. Spring
training is over, and I stretched the break out a bit.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 2 Sep 2009 13:20:42 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"SteveB" wrote in message
[...]

Ed, it's scarey because it has some resemblence to Hitler's appeal to
youth in the '30's. Obama does have similar charisma and obvious
tendency toward narcissism, and he has a majority of U.S. citizens in
thrall thus far. You may be among those he has in thrall. I'm not
saying the repub candidates were preferable. They were not.

I have no school-age children but if I did I'd want to vet Obama's
presentation before exposing them to it. I'd regard that as my
responsibility as a parent. I can tell you that parents of young
children I know, e.g. next door neighbors, are reacting similarly.
Said neighbors are educated professionals, not rednecks. Young Wes is
not yet of school age, but if he was his mom said she'd keep him home
from school during an Obama speech to children. I'd call that
responsible parenting.

You might also if you met wee Wes. He is a very neat little boy next
door.

I took some of his daddy's 9mmp handloads to the range today to clock
them. They're mommy rounds, she's permitted to carry. They clocked
about like we expected, good to go for practice ammo.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

rangerssuck wrote:

Ed, you can't win this one. They've got all the tin foil.

250ft rolls at Sam's club. Cheaper that way

It is amazing how much you can put in a standard sized foil box if you use a 1" dia core.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 3, 1:49*am, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

Ed Huntress
I just do not think it is one of the powers delegated to the Federal
Government. I think that is one of my powers.

Great. Now, why aren't you doing it?

Ed Huntress

Great, it is much worse than I thought. Ed has found a way to know
exactly what I do. Is that from a government database or some
commercial one?

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"SteveB" wrote in message
[...]

I'm hardly "in thrall," Don, but neither am I paranoid. Obama is just too
"different" for conservatives. It's clear now that most of them will be
suspicious of everything he does. That's their nature; it's not really about
what he's doing, it's about their perception of who he is, combined with the
way conservatism has made a boogieman of every idea that's not
right-of-center, a phenomenon that's been building since the days of Ronald
Reagan.

Doubtless they have convinced themselves that they're being prudent. If
there were no Boy Scouts and if Obama was promoting them the way Teddy
Roosevelt promoted Scouting, conservatives would say it was the second
coming of the Brown Shirts and that Obama was the next Hitler.

So, carry on. I think it's bizarre that parents are going to keep their kids
home from school because of a talk about education that the President is
going to deliver to them. But a week spent in Illinois a few weeks ago made
clear to me that conservatives haven't emotionally absorbed what's happened
politically over the past couple of years, and that it scares the hell out
of them.

It really doesn't matter now what he says or does. Conservatives are
handloading like the Three Plagues are on the way, and they're holing up,
psychologically. I think it's sad but it's their business, as long as it
doesn't affect me.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
On Sep 3, 1:49 am, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

Ed Huntress
I just do not think it is one of the powers delegated to the Federal
Government. I think that is one of my powers.

Great. Now, why aren't you doing it?

Ed Huntress

Great, it is much worse than I thought. Ed has found a way to know
exactly what I do. Is that from a government database or some
commercial one?

?? Are you going to deliver a speech to the nation's school kids about
working hard and being responsible? That's what you're responding to. You
said it was "one of your powers."

Do you also bend spoons? g

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:
"Wes" wrote in message
[...]

In JFKs time, we all still said the Pledge of Allegiance, and patriotism
was the norm, along with individualism, self-sufficiency, work ethic etc.
Today's public school classrooms are a relative vacuum, much like the
small craniums therein. Obama, who has demonstrated that he is a
politician first and foremost, looking to fill that vacuum directly, is
what is worrisome. Those kids don't have the balance and upbringing
that was the norm for most of us gray-headed types.
The guidelines/recommendations sent to educators are laughable.
they are suggesting pre- and post-talk discussions that are guaranteed
to make a teenagers eye's swivel about their sockets while the body
slumps down in the desk.
I hope before he goes live that the text will be made public with
enough time for parents to make a decision for their kids.
Many Texas school systems are now discussing whether to participate.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"SteveB" wrote in message
[...]

Among the activities initially suggested for pre-K to 6th grade students
was to "write letters to themselves about what they can do to help the
president."

Another assignment for students after hearing the speech was to discuss
what "the president wants us to do."

These have since been changed since the uproar.

Fashion life is about to begin btbnt Home Repair 0 November 26th 08 08:55 AM
Winter Rules Begin George Woodturning 3 December 8th 06 10:57 PM
How soon should I begin the contract process? [email protected] Home Ownership 5 December 4th 06 10:59 PM
worth machining myself; how to begin? Bernard Arnest Metalworking 7 December 22nd 05 07:56 PM