Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Let the brainwashing begin .............

On Wed, 2 Sep 2009 13:20:42 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"SteveB" wrote in message
September 8, Obama will be piped into all public schools for a speech.
Probably about how to snitch on their parents.

This is scary. This is sick.

Steve

Damn! Look at this, from Rightpundits.com:

"In yet one more historic moment for this White House, Barack Obama will
hold a nationwide speech for school children. Apparently, The One will
challenge students to work hard, set educational goals, and take
responsibility for their learning. He will also call for a "shared
responsibility and commitment" on the part of students, parents and
educators to ensure that every child in every school receives the best
education possible so they can compete in the global economy for good jobs
and live rewarding and productive lives as American citizens."

Man, if that doesn't scare the hell out of you, what will? The sick *******s
want our kids to work hard and take responsibility!

How will they ever learn to be a good, upstanding redneck if they listen to
that? What will become of conservatives?

You're right, Steve. There's some real sickness here. 'Hope you get well
soon. g

Ed, it's scarey because it has some resemblence to Hitler's appeal to
youth in the '30's. Obama does have similar charisma and obvious
tendency toward narcissism, and he has a majority of U.S. citizens in
thrall thus far. You may be among those he has in thrall. I'm not
saying the repub candidates were preferable. They were not.

I have no school-age children but if I did I'd want to vet Obama's
presentation before exposing them to it. I'd regard that as my
responsibility as a parent. I can tell you that parents of young
children I know, e.g. next door neighbors, are reacting similarly.
Said neighbors are educated professionals, not rednecks. Young Wes is
not yet of school age, but if he was his mom said she'd keep him home
from school during an Obama speech to children. I'd call that
responsible parenting.

You might also if you met wee Wes. He is a very neat little boy next
door.

I took some of his daddy's 9mmp handloads to the range today to clock
them. They're mommy rounds, she's permitted to carry. They clocked
about like we expected, good to go for practice ammo.