Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default To types of metal working today.

Slow day at work, decided to whip out a collet stop since I've been turning down pull
dowels for an assembly line's tooling. All the tools need step dowels. That was fun.

Took the last half of day off to go to the dentist and do a brake job in between.

Different kind of metalworking. Front brakes needed new pads and rotor, rotor stuck to
hub. Heating didn't work, beating and prying didn't work, sawed down though disc to hub
with my sawsall thinking that might do something to help free it. That didn't work, I
finally took a welding grinder and ground the hub area of rotor until I could see the hub
for the axle. Then I went after the interface with a cold chisel until it broke free.

The other wheel, no real drama.

The collet stop was a lot more fun

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:

Slow day at work,

To, Too, and Two, I just had to use the wrong one
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:
Wes wrote:

Slow day at work,

To, Too, and Two, I just had to use the wrong one

Where?

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Winston wrote:
Wes wrote:
Wes wrote:

Slow day at work,

To, Too, and Two, I just had to use the wrong one

Where?

--Winston

Um. The Subject line. Got it. To slow Twoday.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I hate that automotive stuff, very dirty and unrewarding.

I would rather be messing with milling machines.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-08-29, Ignoramus12820 wrote:
I hate that automotive stuff, very dirty and unrewarding.

I would rather be messing with milling machines.

and especially compressors
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus12820 wrote:

I hate that automotive stuff, very dirty and unrewarding.

I would rather be messing with milling machines.

I'll have to differ on the rewarding part. After some three warranty
rear axle seal replacements by Chevy dealers on my truck, when they
failed yet again I replaced them myself and haven't had a failure since.
It's been like 5 years since I did them and the previous four sets of
seals lasted less than two years each. Up yours GM!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 20:58:58 -0500, the infamous Ignoramus12820
scrawled the following:

I hate that automotive stuff, very dirty and unrewarding.

I would rather be messing with milling machines.

Right, very dirty and rewarding. Got it.

--
A striking fact of the last two years of financial trouble is how
accountability has differed in the public and private spheres. On