carl mciver

Default Worked on output wiring and enclosure today... My $45 homemade 10 HP phase converter is WORKING!!!

You certainly got a lot of people thinking about your system. That's
actually a good thing since safety is a big issue!
I did some poking around and came across this great links:
http://www.enm.com/training/siemensstepcourses.asp Start with control
wiring and motor control basics. I've never seen this before, so a quick
look over impressed me. MCC1 course has exactly the diagram you start with
on page 5, except for the source of control power, so read cc1 to translate
the components, if you can't figure it all out. If I had lots of time I'd
go over it all again, 'cuz there's lots of meat.

My first job as an industrial electrician I had no clue about the
components, so I was given a simple diagram to see how well I understood the
components. I had never seen it before, and I said so, but I figured it out
on the spot and was able to explain everything right away. I think that
impressed the fellow, although it turned out to be an absolutely horrible
job. I only stayed as long as I did to learn industrial wiring and
maintenance, then I got the f*** out.

BTW, your earlier comment on another post about logic and control wiring
is right on. Logic and control wiring go hand in hand, actually. If you
take a good look at the ladder logic diagrams, you'll find the AND's and
OR's and all sorts of things. That's why its called ladder logic. The hard
part for me is to look around and find all the components that are all part
of the same device, since the contacts for a device can be scattered all
over. Bigger diagrams come well annotated, but smaller stuff isn't, and you
have to be able to visualize what's going on really well. I'm not a
software guy, and I can't do big systems in my head like I used to, so it's
getting harder for me to do complex stuff, but the real trick is breaking it
all down into smaller pieces. Just like software, see?

Here's anther interesting one, just revise the control voltage.
http://support.automationdirect.com/docs/an-mc-004.pdf