Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Mold Machine shop work needed

Need someone willing to machine 20 cavity's
in 2 plates for a total of 40 Will be a half cirlce radius in each plate for
a total of 1.0625. Needs to be .001 tolerance. Plates will be 7000 Aluminum
that I will supply. .750 x 6 x 6. This will be a 1.0625 ball mold and
locating is very important. Need as small a seem as possible. The 2 halves
need to be pin located with a .125 hole extending to the top plate of each
of the 20 radius cuts in the mold as a pour gate. The bottom plate will
have a #55 drill hole .150 deep in the bottom of each hole. No polishing
needed just a decent finish cut. Would probably need to have a ball mill
made. Can't find any in 1/ 1/16. Anyone intersted please email with quote.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 23:23:14 -0300, "Tom"
wrote:

Need someone willing to machine 20 cavity's
in 2 plates for a total of 40 Will be a half cirlce radius in each plate for
a total of 1.0625. Needs to be .001 tolerance. Plates will be 7000 Aluminum
that I will supply. .750 x 6 x 6. This will be a 1.0625 ball mold and
locating is very important. Need as small a seem as possible. The 2 halves
need to be pin located with a .125 hole extending to the top plate of each
of the 20 radius cuts in the mold as a pour gate. The bottom plate will
have a #55 drill hole .150 deep in the bottom of each hole. No polishing
needed just a decent finish cut. Would probably need to have a ball mill
made. Can't find any in 1/ 1/16. Anyone intersted please email with quote.

Alway handy for "shoppers" & "sellers" to mention their location.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Tom" wrote in message
Need someone willing to machine 20 cavity's
in 2 plates for a total of 40 Will be a half cirlce radius in each plate
for a total of 1.0625. Needs to be .001 tolerance. Plates will be 7000
Aluminum that I will supply. .750 x 6 x 6. This will be a 1.0625 ball mold
and locating is very important. Need as small a seem as possible. The 2
halves need to be pin located with a .125 hole extending to the top plate
of each of the 20 radius cuts in the mold as a pour gate. The bottom
plate will have a #55 drill hole .150 deep in the bottom of each hole. No
polishing needed just a decent finish cut. Would probably need to have a
ball mill made. Can't find any in 1/ 1/16. Anyone intersted please email
with quote.

http://www.emachineshop.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 27, 7:23*pm, "Tom" wrote:
The 2 halves
need to be pin located with a .125 hole extending to the top plate *of *each
of the 20 radius cuts in the mold as a pour gate.

What can you pour through a 1/8 hole with no venting?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Tom" wrote:

"N Morrison" wrote in message
On Aug 27, 7:23 pm, "Tom" wrote:
The 2 halves
need to be pin located with a .125 hole extending to the top plate of each
of the 20 radius cuts in the mold as a pour gate.

What can you pour through a 1/8 hole with no venting?

That's my secret.

I was thinking bullet mold but your design seems to have more than one row. Kinda curious
what this is for.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 27, 10:23*pm, "Tom" wrote:
Need someone willing to machine 20 cavity's
in 2 plates for a total of 40 Will be a half cirlce radius in each plate for
a total of 1.0625. Needs to be .001 tolerance. Plates will be 7000 *Aluminum
that I will supply. .750 x 6 x 6. This will be a 1.0625 ball mold and
locating is very important. Need as small a seem as possible. The 2 halves
need to be pin located with a .125 hole extending to the top plate *of *each
of the 20 radius cuts in the mold as a pour gate. *The bottom plate will
have a #55 drill hole .150 deep in the bottom of each hole. No polishing
needed just a decent finish cut. Would probably need to have a ball mill
made. Can't find any in 1/ 1/16. Anyone intersted please email with *quote.

I don't know if you have found someone to quote this job or not, if
not then I would be interested in quoting it. If you have already
given the job toanother company, please keep me in mind for any other
job quotes you have.

Thanks,
JMK Tool & Machine