Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default semi OT Computer help

I just messed up by trying to up grade my browser from
Sea Monkey (not sure what version) to the latest one,
1.1.17 and it didn't show me any provision to import
my old bookmarks and e-mail. I still had installed
Thunderbird and Firefox so went looking to see if I can
do something with them as far as finding the old e-mail
and no luck. I prefer Sea monkey since I used Netscape
for so many years and am use to it. I can't even send
e-mail with the new version of Seamonkey because I
dont remember what to put in the SMTP box and cant find
the equivalent in Thunderbird.
So I'm in deep do do.
Can anyone give me a few pointers? HELP!!!
Thanks.
...lew...using Thunderbird I hope.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Lew Hartswick wrote in rec.crafts.metalworking:

I just messed up by trying to up grade my browser from
Sea Monkey (not sure what version) to the latest one,
1.1.17 and it didn't show me any provision to import
my old bookmarks and e-mail. I still had installed
Thunderbird and Firefox so went looking to see if I can
do something with them as far as finding the old e-mail
and no luck. I prefer Sea monkey since I used Netscape
for so many years and am use to it. I can't even send
e-mail with the new version of Seamonkey because I
dont remember what to put in the SMTP box and cant find
the equivalent in Thunderbird.
So I'm in deep do do.
Can anyone give me a few pointers? HELP!!!
Thanks.
...lew...using Thunderbird I hope.

Neither Firefox nor Thunderbird have any provision for Exporting anything.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

RAM³ wrote:
Lew Hartswick wrote in rec.crafts.metalworking:

I just messed up by trying to up grade my browser from
Sea Monkey (not sure what version) to the latest one,
1.1.17 and it didn't show me any provision to import
my old bookmarks and e-mail. I still had installed
Thunderbird and Firefox so went looking to see if I can
do something with them as far as finding the old e-mail
and no luck. I prefer Sea monkey since I used Netscape
for so many years and am use to it. I can't even send
e-mail with the new version of Seamonkey because I
dont remember what to put in the SMTP box and cant find
the equivalent in Thunderbird.
So I'm in deep do do.
Can anyone give me a few pointers? HELP!!!
Thanks.
...lew...using Thunderbird I hope.

Neither Firefox nor Thunderbird have any provision for Exporting anything.

Balderdash!

Thunderbird 2.00.22
Address book / tools/ Export

break

Lou,

Dunno what OS you are using, and even then I think there are differences in
locations.

Mine are located in Documents and Settings/ "User name"/ Application Data
/Thunderbird / profiles/phaengmx.default/abook.mab
Maybe that will help get you in the neighborhood.

But if you didn't export the address book already, you may have a long slog
recovering it.

I would expect your incoming mail to be something like pop.earthlink.net
on port 110.

The outgoing mail would be smtpauth.earthlink.net on port 587.

Don't forget to add the (dot) earthlink.net in your user name field.

News address that I use is news.east.earthlink.net on port 119.

Hope this helps some.

Richard
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

SMTP.(provider).com
JR
Dweller in the cellar

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 10:37:58 -0600, Lew Hartswick
wrote:

I just messed up by trying to up grade my browser from
Sea Monkey (not sure what version) to the latest one,
1.1.17 and it didn't show me any provision to import
my old bookmarks and e-mail. I still had installed
Thunderbird and Firefox so went looking to see if I can
do something with them as far as finding the old e-mail
and no luck. I prefer Sea monkey since I used Netscape
for so many years and am use to it. I can't even send
e-mail with the new version of Seamonkey because I
dont remember what to put in the SMTP box and cant find
the equivalent in Thunderbird.
So I'm in deep do do.
Can anyone give me a few pointers? HELP!!!
Thanks.
...lew...using Thunderbird I hope.

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I just messed up by trying to up grade my browser from
Sea Monkey (not sure what version) to the latest one,
1.1.17 and it didn't show me any provision to import
my old bookmarks and e-mail. I still had installed
Thunderbird and Firefox so went looking to see if I can
do something with them as far as finding the old e-mail
and no luck. I prefer Sea monkey since I used Netscape
for so many years and am use to it. I can't even send
e-mail with the new version of Seamonkey because I
dont remember what to put in the SMTP box and cant find
the equivalent in Thunderbird.
So I'm in deep do do.
Can anyone give me a few pointers? HELP!!!
Thanks.
...lew...using Thunderbird I hope.

I don't use seamonkey any more but the "smtp" block should ask you for
the server and the port. The server is usually something like
smtp.gmail.com and the port is normally 25.

In Thunderbird right click on the account, Settings, Outgoing Server,
Edit.

Cheers,

John B.
(johnbslocombatgmaildotcom)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I just messed up by trying to up grade my browser from
Sea Monkey (not sure what version) to the latest one,
1.1.17 and it didn't show me any provision to import
my old bookmarks and e-mail. I still had installed
Thunderbird and Firefox so went looking to see if I can
do something with them as far as finding the old e-mail
and no luck. I prefer Sea monkey since I used Netscape
for so many years and am use to it. I can't even send
e-mail with the new version of Seamonkey because I
dont remember what to put in the SMTP box and cant find
the equivalent in Thunderbird.
So I'm in deep do do.
Can anyone give me a few pointers? HELP!!!
Thanks.
...lew...using Thunderbird I hope.

Yes..use Forte's Agent for newsgroups

Gunner

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith
becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact
equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man
because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the
person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...
There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag,
the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the
English language.. and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people.'
Theodore Ro osevelt 1907
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

OK I'll give these things a try.
Thanks for the assist.
...lew...

semi-gloss enamel in an oil-based or acrylic semi-gloss enamel Tube Audio Home Repair 2 October 15th 07 04:44 PM
Semi Gloat Tina Woodworking 15 July 3rd 06 08:29 PM
Semi-OT What's Wrong Here? George Woodworking 72 July 8th 05 05:15 AM
semi truck Grant Erwin Metalworking 16 January 27th 05 04:34 AM
Semi Gloat Ian Dodd Woodworking 2 September 13th 04 05:58 PM