Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Tinkerer Wanted

I need a versatile person to make some parts and assemblies of a curve
tracer, bubble machine, kite camera kites, plywood photography mast, and
more. These may have commercial uses, maybe not. Ideally you would be
located within driving distance of Bloomfield, CT. Would be good to have
access to large open space to test kites. I have some projects that require
electronics design knowledge, such as battery-operated device to use
accelerometer to trigger short recorded messages, all solid-state. Must be
able to work from rough sketches and fill in details, order parts from
McMaster, etc. Don't answer if you are looking for big bucks! I'm just a
retired guy with a few projects on my plate. I will provide sketches and
ask you to quote on completed job. They don't have to be done fast. Would
start with pretty small jobs, and if all goes well, get into bigger ones.
If you are wondering what kind of crazy fella I am, go to:
www.halfbakery.com/user/flypaper I'm "flypaper". Also, to see photos of
bubble machine I designed, go to:
http://home.earthlink.net/~joel_a_cl...blemachine.jpg
And
http://home.earthlink.net/~joel_a_cl...chineproto.jpg

Also here is photo of first model of mapping gadget that I built:
http://home.earthlink.net/~joel_a_clark/tracer.jpg

What I need is new versions of these built from my sketches and your skill,
cleverness, and knowledge of manufacturing methods.
Please email me at , with info about practical
machining, model making, hands-on stuff you know how to do.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Joel Clark wrote:
... to see photos
of bubble machine I designed, go to:
http://home.earthlink.net/~joel_a_cl...blemachine.jpg

Huge bubbles. As I saw them sinking to the floor, I thought "Hey, they
should be filled with *helium*." Rev 2.

Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
Bob Engelhardt wrote:

Joel Clark wrote:
... to see photos
of bubble machine I designed, go to:
http://home.earthlink.net/~joel_a_cl...blemachine.jpg

Huge bubbles. As I saw them sinking to the floor, I thought "Hey, they
should be filled with *helium*." Rev 2.

Bob

But hydrogen is so much easier to make - and then you just need to
figure out a way to light them when they've achieved a sufficient
height...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 19:15:05 -0400, the infamous Ecnerwal
scrawled the following:

In article ,
Bob Engelhardt wrote:

Joel Clark wrote:
... to see photos
of bubble machine I designed, go to:
http://home.earthlink.net/~joel_a_cl...blemachine.jpg

Huge bubbles. As I saw them sinking to the floor, I thought "Hey, they
should be filled with *helium*." Rev 2.

Bob

But hydrogen is so much easier to make - and then you just need to
figure out a way to light them when they've achieved a sufficient
height...

Stop! You'll contribute to Globular Swarming!

---
"Some of us are wondering if we have created a monster."
Kevin Vranes, climate scientist, University of Colorado
talking about global warming hysteria, January, 2007.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 9 Aug 2009 16:38:01 -0400, "Joel Clark"
wrote:

If you are wondering what kind of crazy fella I am, go to:
www.halfbakery.com/user/flypaper I'm "flypaper". Also, to see photos of
bubble machine I designed, go to:
http://home.earthlink.net/~joel_a_cl...blemachine.jpg
And
http://home.earthlink.net/~joel_a_cl...chineproto.jpg

Those are some bodacious bubbles!

Back in the late 50's, a prof in frosh chem at Michigan Tech made
similarly-sized soap bubbles in the frosh chem lecture hall. He did it
first with straight hydrogen and then with H2/O2 mix, lit them with a
splint. The H2 bubbles went pow, the H2/O2 bubbles sounded about
like a 12-gage shotgun.

Then he did the grande finale, after which lecture was dismissed
because nobody would hear well for a little while.

I rather doubt that chemlectures are as entertaining nowadays.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"steamer" wrote in message
--For a good time google "Eiffl Plasterer"
Will check you out on Half Bakery; I'm 'Steamboat'.

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Imagine what I could do if
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : I knew what I was doing...

Thanks, Ed,
I see you are pretty active on halfbakery!
I know you've posted on this newsgroup for years. But I haven't followed it
much, so tell me, how do you come by the name "Steamboat"?
Joel

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Joel Clark wrote:
Thanks, Ed,
I see you are pretty active on halfbakery!

--Cheaper to give my ideas away than to develop 'em, heh.

I know you've posted on this newsgroup for years. But I haven't followed it
much, so tell me, how do you come by the name "Steamboat"?

--My motto: 'when fortune proves elusive, concentrate on fame'. And
I've got a steamboat...