David Gersic

Default I need a good tinkerer who can help me with a project

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 13:36:29 -0500, Avi Frier wrote:
I want to rig a standard boom box as follows:

- Concealed inside the boom-box, I need to have a microcassette player that
is not noticeable when someone makes a cursory examination of the boombox.

This much shouldn't be too hard, except for making a door to insert/remove
it. That could be difficult to conceal. It'd be a lot easier to just make
it a semi-permanent installation. You'd have to use a screwdriver to get
at the bug.

- When someone inserts a regular cassette into the main cassette player of
the boom box and hits "Play," the cassette plays as it would on any other
cassette player. BUT...

This seems unnecessarily complicated, and backwards. If somebody else is
inserting the casette, they're going to expect it to play what they've
inserted, not what you've pre-recorded on your hidden one.

- I also need a secret switch in the back that I can flip, which will put
the boom box into "Secret Mode."

Aka "turn on the bug". It'd be lots easier to ignore the playing casette,
whatever it may be, and just turn on a recorder. You're going to get lots of
recorded noise from the casette that's already playing, though, so you may
not actually pick up much from the rest of the room.

It might be even easier, and possibly better, to use a small transmitter
instead, so you can mount a receiver and tape machine elsewhere.

Please contact me directly with any questions, price quotes, etc.

It's uncertain whether this, and its potential intended use(s) are legal.
I think I'll pass on the project.

--
| David Gersic |
| There's nothing wrong with you that Prozac and a Polo mallet can't fix. |
NSM

"David Gersic" wrote in message
| On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 13:36:29 -0500, Avi Frier wrote:
| I want to rig a standard boom box as follows:
|
| - Concealed inside the boom-box, I need to have a microcassette player
that
| is not noticeable when someone makes a cursory examination of the
boombox.

| It's uncertain whether this, and its potential intended use(s) are legal.
| I think I'll pass on the project.

Why doesn't he just go to the local Spy Shop?