Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ETG ETG is offline

Default K.O. Lee Wheel Puller dimensions

Does anyone know the diameter and the pitch of the external threads of the
wheel arbor puller for a K.O. Lee S-714 surface grinder? I am trying to make
a puller, but can't measure the threads until I get the arbor off. I believe
the KO Lee part number for the wheel puller is B936P

Thanks!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 17:46:26 GMT, "ETG" wrote:

Does anyone know the diameter and the pitch of the external threads of the
wheel arbor puller for a K.O. Lee S-714 surface grinder? I am trying to make
a puller, but can't measure the threads until I get the arbor off. I believe
the KO Lee part number for the wheel puller is B936P

Unless you've got an unusual adapter, it's .984-16. This page shows
the various adapters Sopko makes. They're not very expensive, but I
made one similar to #116 recently when I didn't want to wait.

http://www.wmsopko.com/catalog.php3?pagelist=82

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ETG ETG is offline

Ned,
Thanks!
That helps a lot.
ETG
"Ned Simmons" wrote in message
On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 17:46:26 GMT, "ETG" wrote:

Does anyone know the diameter and the pitch of the external threads of the
wheel arbor puller for a K.O. Lee S-714 surface grinder? I am trying to
make
a puller, but can't measure the threads until I get the arbor off. I
believe
the KO Lee part number for the wheel puller is B936P

Unless you've got an unusual adapter, it's .984-16. This page shows
the various adapters Sopko makes. They're not very expensive, but I
made one similar to #116 recently when I didn't want to wait.

http://www.wmsopko.com/catalog.php3?pagelist=82

--
Ned Simmons

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 14:00:18 -0400, Ned Simmons wrote:

On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 17:46:26 GMT, "ETG" wrote:

Does anyone know the diameter and the pitch of the external threads of the
wheel arbor puller for a K.O. Lee S-714 surface grinder? I am trying to make
a puller, but can't measure the threads until I get the arbor off. I believe
the KO Lee part number for the wheel puller is B936P

Unless you've got an unusual adapter, it's .984-16. This page shows
the various adapters Sopko makes. They're not very expensive, but I
made one similar to #116 recently when I didn't want to wait.

http://www.wmsopko.com/catalog.php3?pagelist=82

Thats what mine is. (I just went out and measured)

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith
becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact
equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man
because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the
person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...
There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag,
the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the
English language.. and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people.'
Theodore Ro osevelt 1907
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ETG ETG is offline

Thks, Gunner!

This group is a real resource!

I see after some research that MSC sells the same Sopko puller that K.O. Lee
supplied OEM for only about $16.

I am debating getting one of the fancy Sopko balancing adapter "collets" or
trying to Rube something up to actually balance the wheel. I have seen
schemes that involve squashing fishing split-shot sinkers in a cardboard
flange-cushion. That would likely work, but seems kind of inelegant and hard
to adjust. Other, even ruder, schemes involve hogging the side of the wheel
off selectively with an angle grinder.

I guess I will concentrate first on building some balancing ways and a
tapered arbor for the wheel/adapter to ride on.

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 02:52:48 GMT, "ETG" wrote:

Thks, Gunner!

This group is a real resource!

I see after some research that MSC sells the same Sopko puller that K.O. Lee
supplied OEM for only about $16.

I am debating getting one of the fancy Sopko balancing adapter "collets" or
trying to Rube something up to actually balance the wheel. I have seen
schemes that involve squashing fishing split-shot sinkers in a cardboard
flange-cushion. That would likely work, but seems kind of inelegant and hard
to adjust. Other, even ruder, schemes involve hogging the side of the wheel
off selectively with an angle grinder.

I guess I will concentrate first on building some balancing ways and a
tapered arbor for the wheel/adapter to ride on.

Actually..most tool grinders are so well balanced...and the appropriate
wheels are so well made..that after a single dressing..they run very
very well. This is much different than Chinese made bench grinder
wheels btw...MUCH different

Gunner