flipper

Default shark nail puller / pry bar ?

at amazon, they've got the shark corp nail puller in a version with
both nail puller and pry bar and one with what looks to me like two
different types of nail pullers, one on either end. anyone here have
experience with either and/or both of em and which one might you
recommend? tia!

Roger Taylor

at amazon, they've got the shark corp nail puller in a version with
both nail puller and pry bar and one with what looks to me like two
different types of nail pullers, one on either end. anyone here have
experience with either and/or both of em and which one might you
recommend? tia!

I have a shark bar but don't find it very useful, since it gouges my hand
with the top end while trying to pry with the other end. I use either the
excellent Superbar 15" by Vaughan, for nails with exposed heads, or an
impact puller for deck nails and other flush nails. Kind of expensive at
50-60 dollars, but very effective if you wish to remove nails and leave
boards salvageable. Here is a picture of the impact puller, usually
available in well equipped hardware stores.
http://www.tools-for-woodworking.com...OD&ProdID=6590
The Superbar can be found at Home Depot, etc for about 10 dollars, and
unlike the impact puller, requires hammer blows to engage the nailhead.

I R Baboon

http://tinyurl.com/9xu4u

i bought this nail puller a year ago and never regretted it. gets out any
nail with ease.

"flipper" wrote in message
oups.com...
at amazon, they've got the shark corp nail puller in a version with
both nail puller and pry bar and one with what looks to me like two
different types of nail pullers, one on either end. anyone here have
experience with either and/or both of em and which one might you
recommend? tia!

flipper

i.r.: that's one of the bigger sharks. howz it work w smaller nailed?
i was thinking about getting the 7-3/4" one, which could lift bigger
nails that i could then use a hammer on.

also: do you use mostly the 90-degree bend puller or do you find
yourself using both ends equally?

Buck Turgidson

I bought the shark to pull up tackless stripping from oak floors. It is
also great for pulling off molding. To use the nail puller, you need to
wear a glove otherwise the sharp end can cut your hand.

But I find it indispensable.

"flipper" wrote in message
oups.com...
at amazon, they've got the shark corp nail puller in a version with
both nail puller and pry bar and one with what looks to me like two
different types of nail pullers, one on either end. anyone here have
experience with either and/or both of em and which one might you
recommend? tia!

I R Baboon

so far there hasn't been a nail it couldn't pull out. from 16d to aluminum
trim nails. works real well on nails with no head as well. i use the 90
degree end a lot more then the straight end. one of the guys i work with has
a Vaughn nail puller. pretty much the same design as my sharkgrip but
doesn't grip the nails as well as the sharkgrip

"flipper" wrote in message
oups.com...
i.r.: that's one of the bigger sharks. howz it work w smaller nailed?
i was thinking about getting the 7-3/4" one, which could lift bigger
nails that i could then use a hammer on.

also: do you use mostly the 90-degree bend puller or do you find
yourself using both ends equally?

Todd H.

"flipper" writes:
at amazon, they've got the shark corp nail puller in a version with
both nail puller and pry bar and one with what looks to me like two
different types of nail pullers, one on either end. anyone here have
experience with either and/or both of em and which one might you
recommend? tia!

These are very nice tools to have. I have several. Which one to use
depends on nail/head and location. Having both is often handy.

Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/
Bob(but not THAT Bob)

flipper wrote:

at amazon, they've got the shark corp nail puller in a version with
both nail puller and pry bar and one with what looks to me like two
different types of nail pullers, one on either end. anyone here have
experience with either and/or both of em and which one might you
recommend? tia!

I have a number of nail pullers, including one of the shark design, but
I always prefer the rounded-end types like this cat's paw over the
pointier styles:

http://www.tools-plus.com/das130.html