Roger Taylor

Default shark nail puller / pry bar ?

at amazon, they've got the shark corp nail puller in a version with
both nail puller and pry bar and one with what looks to me like two
different types of nail pullers, one on either end. anyone here have
experience with either and/or both of em and which one might you
recommend? tia!

I have a shark bar but don't find it very useful, since it gouges my hand
with the top end while trying to pry with the other end. I use either the
excellent Superbar 15" by Vaughan, for nails with exposed heads, or an
impact puller for deck nails and other flush nails. Kind of expensive at
50-60 dollars, but very effective if you wish to remove nails and leave
boards salvageable. Here is a picture of the impact puller, usually
available in well equipped hardware stores.
http://www.tools-for-woodworking.com...OD&ProdID=6590
The Superbar can be found at Home Depot, etc for about 10 dollars, and
unlike the impact puller, requires hammer blows to engage the nailhead.