Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default swap deal: my bolts 4 yours, big electric motors too ... north centralflorida

this post probably only of interest to n florida or south georgia
hardware hoarders like myself...

I got 'sticker shock' when I went into the local hardware store
yesterday, for some metric bolts. need some 12x1.25x 'about an inch,
give or take' long

I have about 500 1/2 x 1 NC grade 5 bolts, ALL brand new. pix online of
'em, too. like to swap MY 1/2 NC bolts for your metrics "definitely in
your favor", my many for your few...my bolts are not -only- new, but
their cadmium plating is pristine, too...

I need six of the bolts mentioned in paragraph one. let's do a swap

also need a 7.5 hp (or larger) 3 phase motor, oldie OK. can be any
brand, shaft size, color, etc (destined for rotary converter
conversion). prefer "low RPM" (slower than 3450). will, again, swap my
'many motors' for your one (pix of my motors are online too, have about 15)

freight alone on the motor-swap deal 'might be depressing' :-/ and the
reason for my post today; nearness to my location 'a good thing' in this
situation :-)

I need -other- big ol' hardware type items, too, and, if you got 'em we
can swap 'real tons' of stuff

replies sent to my direct e-mail address probably work best. if you use
the one above, REMOVE the weird stuff. there's a working e-mail link on
the bottom center of ALL my site pages :-)

other stuff I can swap
http://machines.50webs.com/alpha/

other stuff I *need*(and will swap items above for)
http://machines.50webs.com/alpha/#wants_list

bolt pix online (click 'next' twice too)
http://machines.byethost31.com/items...s/photo42.html

bizarre ackerman-steering welder dolly I made (movie)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ihx_4EsHHwE

alternate contact method
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...ress_block.jpg

thanks guys :-)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 01 Aug 2009 08:37:15 -0400, dave
wrote:

I got 'sticker shock' when I went into the local hardware store
yesterday, for some metric bolts. need some 12x1.25x 'about an inch,
give or take' long

I don't know what it takes to shock you, but McMaster's price seems
reasonable to me. Figure another $5 or so for delivery. Note that 1.25
is *not* the standard pitch for M12.

96144A293
Metric Class 12.9 Socket Head Cap Screw M12 Thrd, 30mm L, 1.25mm
Pitch, Alloy Stl, Fine Thrd
In stock at $7.42 per Pack
This product is sold in Packs of 10

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

What size is the shank on the boring head?

http://machines.freehostia.com/machi...s/photo70.html

How much for the Hillman rollers?
http://machines.byethost31.com/new_t...os/photo8.html

How much for the gallon of Kroil?
http://machines.freehostia.com/nice_...s/photo28.html

Very nice job on the Johnson Bar btw....

How much for this Hout toolbox?

http://machines.freehostia.com/nice_...s/photo14.html

Thanks

Gunner

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith
becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact
equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man
because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the
person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...
There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag,
the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the
English language.. and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people.'
Theodore Ro osevelt 1907
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ned Simmons wrote:

I don't know what it takes to shock you,

every time I get to spend retail money to buy things I already have
THOUSANDS of, I get shocked...it's more the gas and time 'killed'
procuring than the sticker shock, though

but McMaster's price seems
reasonable to me. Figure another $5 or so for delivery. Note that 1.25
is *not* the standard pitch for M12.

okey-dokey ned. but it IS the correct pitch and size to fasten a hitch
to the frame of my nissan frontier

96144A293
Metric Class 12.9 Socket Head Cap Screw M12 Thrd, 30mm L, 1.25mm
Pitch, Alloy Stl, Fine Thrd
In stock at $7.42 per Pack
This product is sold in Packs of 10

thanks ned "good find"

yeah, guess I'll need to add the dern things to my McM order. keep
-hoping- to find a nearby 'hardware hoarder-swapper' guy, but it might
never happen...

ya KNOW how it works: you can have ninety percent of all the fasteners
ever known to man, in nearly all sizes, but, the ones you need you
-don't- have...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

dave wrote:

Ned Simmons wrote:

[...]

Where are you located? North Central Florida covers a lot of area.
There is a scrapyard with a couple tons of surplus hardware near
downtown Ocala.

electric motors Vass[_6_] UK diy 15 May 26th 09 09:58 PM
Home Depot won't price match Milwaukee electric chain saw - where a great deal is not a deal at all. No Name Home Repair 0 June 26th 08 02:58 PM
Free electric motors in the UK Christopher Tidy Metalworking 3 September 11th 05 08:47 PM
50C or 60C electric motors? [email protected] Home Repair 3 January 25th 05 08:45 AM
'Anybody know anything about 3ph electric motors? Dave UK diy 12 September 10th 04 08:56 AM