Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default FS: South Bend parts and accessories

I ended up with some SB lathe stuff over the years, but do not have an
SB lathe. Descriptions are what I know about them. I'll do my best to
answer any questions. I can provide other pictures if you would like to
see something specific.

1 - South Bend lathe threading dial. $75.00 + shipping.

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...s/P7030036.jpg]

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...s/P7030035.jpg]

Casting is marked "886 11K2" if I read it correctly. Dirty but works
fine, worm gear appears in good shape and shaft turns freely. Needs a
good cleaning, though. Original paint is mostly covered by ugly blue
paint. I was told this is for a 9" lathe.

2 - South Bend back gear assembly. $75.00 plus shipping.

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...s/P7030032.jpg]

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...s/P7030033.jpg]

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...s/P7030034.jpg]

This was from a 10" flat-belt lathe, I do not know the specific model.
Small gear is approx. 1.85" dia. and has 25 teeth. Large gear is approx.
3.65" dia, and has 62 teeth. (I could be off a tooth or two on the tooth
counts, can double check if necessary) Eccentric at handle end is 1.25"
dia, the one at the other end is 1.625" dia. No damaged teeth, spins
freely on shaft, appears to be in good serviceable condition.

3 - South Bend lathe micrometer stop and adapter bracket. $125.00 + shipping

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...s/IMG_5526.jpg]

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...s/IMG_5523.jpg]

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...s/IMG_5525.jpg]

Southbend micrometer stop, with clamp, clamp bolt and adapter (left)
that I am told is used for doing close in collet work. Casting is marked
1200RT3. Good but used condition, moves smoothly and precisely. Looks to
be original paint, worn off/thin in some spots.

4 - Collet closer lever(?). $25.00 + shipping

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...s/IMG_8662.jpg]

At least I was told it is a hand lever for a SB collet closer, or collet
chuck setup. It looks like one. It has the number 990NK1 cast into one
side. The screws that extend into the ring part are beveled on the ends
and one has a hole through the center with and oil cup on top. Looks to
be original paint, mostly worn off of handle area, and maybe 50% left on
the rest.

All prices are negotiable/best offer. Available for pick up, should you
be passing through Dracut, MA.

Thanks,
Al A.

South Bend 10K No Name Metalworking 6 May 5th 09 10:02 PM
South Bend joebass Metalworking 2 April 13th 06 02:25 AM
South Bend 2CW Lathe Clif Holland Metalworking 0 June 27th 05 03:18 AM
Will South Bend 9" parts for Atlas stuff + more GTO69RA4 Metalworking 6 August 17th 04 05:10 AM
FS- South Bend 13" gary wilkin Metalworking 8 July 12th 03 03:32 AM