Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
No Name

Default South Bend 10K

I am thinking of buying a 10K (heavy) South Bend lathe I know that it is out
of production and that SBL is not making any lathes now that I know of. Can
I still get new parts for the 10K from SBL?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
I am thinking of buying a 10K (heavy) South Bend lathe I know that it is
out of production and that SBL is not making any lathes now that I know of.
Can I still get new parts for the 10K from SBL?

You might check the model number with these guys.

http://southbendlathe.com/parts.aspx

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
I am thinking of buying a 10K (heavy) South Bend lathe I know that it is
out of production and that SBL is not making any lathes now that I know of.
Can I still get new parts for the 10K from SBL?

The 10L is the heavy one, counter-intuitively.Check the southbendlathe group
on Yahoo.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 4 May, 21:19, wrote:
I am thinking of buying a 10K (heavy) South Bend lathe I know that it is out
of production and that SBL is not making any lathes now that I know of. *Can
I still get new parts for the 10K from SBL?

South Bend has been bought by Grizzly.He intends to produce certain
models.Quite a bit about it on the SB forum on PM.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 4, 4:19*pm, wrote:
I am thinking of buying a 10K (heavy) South Bend lathe I know that it is out
of production and that SBL is not making any lathes now that I know of. *Can
I still get new parts for the 10K from SBL?

Sometimes, but the price is high. There are several after-market
sources for accessories, two near me;
http://www.plazamachinery.com/
http://www.tools4cheap.net/

You may have to compete with restorers (like me) for original SB
parts.

One in good condition makes a very nice home shop lathe, but they are
somewhat like a classic car that you may fuss over more than drive.

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I bought my 10K new in 1981 direct from SBL. I love it. It has limitations,
but it does things my other two lathes does not. Age is an issue. Many are
clapped out, buy a good one and you won't regret it. They are far better
than any Chinese lathe in the same size and they will retain their value.
Steve

wrote in message
I am thinking of buying a 10K (heavy) South Bend lathe I know that it is
out of production and that SBL is not making any lathes now that I know of.
Can I still get new parts for the 10K from SBL?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"ATP*" wrote in message

wrote in message
I am thinking of buying a 10K (heavy) South Bend lathe I know that it is
out of production and that SBL is not making any lathes now that I know
of. Can I still get new parts for the 10K from SBL?

The 10L is the heavy one, counter-intuitively.Check the southbendlathe
group on Yahoo.

also:

http://southbendlathe.com/home.aspx

Read the website, you will see that the 10K is not the "heavy" 10.

South Bend joebass Metalworking 2 April 13th 06 02:25 AM
FS: South Bend 400 lathe Danny Lester Metalworking 0 January 1st 06 09:55 PM
South Bend dilemna Rex B Metalworking 9 September 13th 05 10:49 PM
south bend 10L lathe Cuezilla Metalworking 3 August 1st 03 03:15 AM
FS- South Bend 13" gary wilkin Metalworking 8 July 12th 03 03:32 AM