Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default "Frejoth" reputation?

Going to be looking at a Frejoth mill with Mitut. DRO and a bit of
tooling and variable speed head.

Are these these things any good? Range of price that would be
reasonable?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Spehro Pefhany" wrote in message
Going to be looking at a Frejoth mill with Mitut. DRO and a bit of
tooling and variable speed head.

Are these these things any good? Range of price that would be
reasonable?

They have been around since the early 1980's and I have heard good reports.
Yet I have never used one. Price would depend on the model and condition.
All this is unknown since you didn't say.

Richard W.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 12:48:08 -0700, "Richard W."
wrote:

"Spehro Pefhany" wrote in message
.. .
Going to be looking at a Frejoth mill with Mitut. DRO and a bit of
tooling and variable speed head.

Are these these things any good? Range of price that would be
reasonable?

They have been around since the early 1980's and I have heard good reports.
Yet I have never used one. Price would depend on the model and condition.
All this is unknown since you didn't say.

Richard W.

All the info I have except that the asking price is about $1800 USD
What model and condition would make that a good deal (doesn't have to
be a 'steal')?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Spehro Pefhany" wrote in message
. ..
Going to be looking at a Frejoth mill with Mitut. DRO and a bit of
tooling and variable speed head.

Are these these things any good? Range of price that would be
reasonable?

They have been around since the early 1980's and I have heard good
reports.
Yet I have never used one. Price would depend on the model and condition.
All this is unknown since you didn't say.

Richard W.

All the info I have except that the asking price is about $1800 USD
What model and condition would make that a good deal (doesn't have to
be a 'steal')?

I would think that would be a good deal if it's not worn out. The options
were step head and 9 X 42" or 9 X 49" table and step head or variable speed
head. Don't know if they had a 10 X 50" table back then. You can always ask
if they will take less.

Richard W.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the info Richard--will see if we can make a deal if it
looks good.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Spehro Pefhany" wrote in message
m...
[...]

If there is a lot of tooling, the tooling maybe worth more than the mill.

Richard W.