DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   "Frejoth" reputation? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/282424-frejoth-reputation.html)

Spehro Pefhany July 15th 09 03:04 PM

"Frejoth" reputation?

Going to be looking at a Frejoth mill with Mitut. DRO and a bit of
tooling and variable speed head.

Are these these things any good? Range of price that would be
reasonable?

Richard W. July 15th 09 08:48 PM

"Frejoth" reputation?

"Spehro Pefhany" wrote in message
Going to be looking at a Frejoth mill with Mitut. DRO and a bit of
tooling and variable speed head.

Are these these things any good? Range of price that would be
reasonable?

They have been around since the early 1980's and I have heard good reports.
Yet I have never used one. Price would depend on the model and condition.
All this is unknown since you didn't say.

Richard W.

Spehro Pefhany July 16th 09 04:34 AM

"Frejoth" reputation?

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 12:48:08 -0700, "Richard W."
wrote:

"Spehro Pefhany" wrote in message
.. .
Going to be looking at a Frejoth mill with Mitut. DRO and a bit of
tooling and variable speed head.

Are these these things any good? Range of price that would be
reasonable?

They have been around since the early 1980's and I have heard good reports.
Yet I have never used one. Price would depend on the model and condition.
All this is unknown since you didn't say.

Richard W.

All the info I have except that the asking price is about $1800 USD
What model and condition would make that a good deal (doesn't have to
be a 'steal')?

Richard W. July 16th 09 07:13 PM

"Frejoth" reputation?

wrote:

"Spehro Pefhany" wrote in message
. ..
Going to be looking at a Frejoth mill with Mitut. DRO and a bit of
tooling and variable speed head.

Are these these things any good? Range of price that would be
reasonable?

They have been around since the early 1980's and I have heard good
reports.
Yet I have never used one. Price would depend on the model and condition.
All this is unknown since you didn't say.

Richard W.

All the info I have except that the asking price is about $1800 USD
What model and condition would make that a good deal (doesn't have to
be a 'steal')?

I would think that would be a good deal if it's not worn out. The options
were step head and 9 X 42" or 9 X 49" table and step head or variable speed
head. Don't know if they had a 10 X 50" table back then. You can always ask
if they will take less.

Richard W.

Spehro Pefhany July 17th 09 03:41 PM

"Frejoth" reputation?

wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the info Richard--will see if we can make a deal if it
looks good.

Richard W. July 18th 09 12:50 AM

"Frejoth" reputation?

wrote:

"Spehro Pefhany" wrote in message
m...
[...]

If there is a lot of tooling, the tooling maybe worth more than the mill.

Richard W.