Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Free to a good home...

If anyone here is interested, I have an old Makita 7.2V cordless drill,
flashlight and charger set, available for the asking and shipping cost.
This is one of the originals. The battery pack was replaced once, and
fits both tools. It no longer charges, not sure if the charger or the
pack is bad. Drill and light worked fine if the batter is charged.

Use as intended or cannibalize for repair parts or to build some other
cool thing.

This is the last stop before the dump.

This will all fit into a $13.95 USPS flat-rate box, or pick up in
person if you happen to be passing through NE Massachusetts.

Thanks!

-Al A.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"AL A." wrote in message
If anyone here is interested, I have an old Makita 7.2V cordless drill,
flashlight and charger set, available for the asking and shipping cost.
This is one of the originals. The battery pack was replaced once, and fits
both tools. It no longer charges, not sure if the charger or the pack is
bad. Drill and light worked fine if the batter is charged.

Use as intended or cannibalize for repair parts or to build some other
cool thing.

This is the last stop before the dump.

This will all fit into a $13.95 USPS flat-rate box, or pick up in person
if you happen to be passing through NE Massachusetts.

Thanks!

-Al A.

I'd take it except that I already have a spare 9.6V Makita drill - but,
there is another alternative you may wish to consider.

Take the battery pack apart and discard the batteries - attach a cord with
clip leads (or a cigarette lighter adapter, or both) and use it around the
car - the car battery will run that drill for days, and it will be totally
happy with 12V - the light will burn out quickly so you will need to put in
a 12V bulb though. It is really handy to have such a thing for those little
jobs around a car/truck/tractor/boat/anyting with 12V battery (or 6V for
that matter)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bill Noble wrote:
"AL A." wrote in message
[...]

Or just take it to a battery shop and have the cells replaced.

I did that for my 9.6

Runs like new...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

AL A. wrote:
If anyone here is interested, I have an old Makita 7.2V cordless drill,
flashlight and charger set, available for the asking and shipping cost.
This is one of the originals. The battery pack was replaced once, and
fits both tools. It no longer charges, not sure if the charger or the
pack is bad. Drill and light worked fine if the batter is charged.

Use as intended or cannibalize for repair parts or to build some other
cool thing.

This is the last stop before the dump.

This will all fit into a $13.95 USPS flat-rate box, or pick up in
person if you happen to be passing through NE Massachusetts.

Thanks!

-Al A.

IF it is the orange colored one, according to a Makita rep, they only
made 1000 of them. I have one of the orange ones that I bought when
they first came out.

John
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

john wrote:

IF it is the orange colored one, according to a Makita rep, they only
made 1000 of them. I have one of the orange ones that I bought when
they first came out.

John

Not quite that original, John. It is the standard Makita blue plastic
housing. was the first cordless that I ever had, one of the earlier
consumer grade units that cam in a sheetmetal tote case. It worked great
within it's capabilities for years until the battery gave out. Not worth
it to me replacing the battery pack, even if you can still get them.

And Bill, thanks for the suggestion. If nobody wants this, I may end up
doing that, I just hate to put another project on the list!

-Al

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"AL A." wrote in message
If anyone here is interested, I have an old Makita 7.2V cordless drill,
flashlight and charger set, available for the asking and shipping cost.
This is one of the originals. The battery pack was replaced once, and fits
both tools. It no longer charges, not sure if the charger or the pack is
bad. Drill and light worked fine if the batter is charged.

Use as intended or cannibalize for repair parts or to build some other
cool thing.

This is the last stop before the dump.

This will all fit into a $13.95 USPS flat-rate box, or pick up in person
if you happen to be passing through NE Massachusetts.

Thanks!

-Al A.

That's a damn fine unit for small work where you don't have to torque much.