Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Something for the older guys - WW-II pinups

http://wisher1.freewebspace.com/one/page1.htm

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

rec.crafts.metalworking

I was trying to find my nose art that was titled 'balls out' but can't seem to locate it.
Nice babe on the plane. Shot it at Oshkosh back in the 90's.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

rec.crafts.metalworking

I was trying to find my nose art that was titled 'balls out' but can't seem to locate it.
Nice babe on the plane. Shot it at Oshkosh back in the 90's.

Wes

What was it on?

maybe one of these have it?

http://www.ww2planenoseart.com/
http://parentseyes.arizona.edu/milit.../overview3.htm
http://www.fightingcolors.com/
http://www.warpaintllc.com/

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
Wes wrote:
I was trying to find my nose art that was titled 'balls out' but can't seem
to locate it.
Nice babe on the plane. Shot it at Oshkosh back in the 90's.

Not this one, then:

http://wing.chez-alice.fr/USAAF/405t..._Balls_Out.jpg
http://www.firehousehobbies.com/site...ut-391x226.jpg

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve W." wrote:

What was it on?

maybe one of these have it?

http://www.ww2planenoseart.com/
http://parentseyes.arizona.edu/milit.../overview3.htm
http://www.fightingcolors.com/
http://www.warpaintllc.com/

I found it on a SD card in my palm pda. I put it on my web host. Fairly racy.

http://wess.freeshell.org/usenet/rec...teBawlsOOT.jpg

Thanks for the other links.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ecnerwal wrote:

In article ,
Wes wrote:
I was trying to find my nose art that was titled 'balls out' but can't seem
to locate it.
Nice babe on the plane. Shot it at Oshkosh back in the 90's.

Not this one, then:

http://wing.chez-alice.fr/USAAF/405t..._Balls_Out.jpg
http://www.firehousehobbies.com/site...ut-391x226.jpg

No but thanks, I like that one!

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 08 Jun 2009 16:32:19 -0400, the infamous Wes
scrawled the following:

"Steve W." wrote:

What was it on?

maybe one of these have it?

http://www.ww2planenoseart.com/
http://parentseyes.arizona.edu/milit.../overview3.htm
http://www.fightingcolors.com/
http://www.warpaintllc.com/

I found it on a SD card in my palm pda. I put it on my web host. Fairly racy.

http://wess.freeshell.org/usenet/rec...teBawlsOOT.jpg

Pretty cute. That graphic NEVER would have made it onto a WWII plane,
though.

--
The doctor can bury his mistakes, but an architect
can only advise his client to plant vines.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

http://wess.freeshell.org/usenet/rec...teBawlsOOT.jpg

Pretty cute. That graphic NEVER would have made it onto a WWII plane,
though.

I didn't think so either. Most were fairly tame. I shot the picture at the EAA Oshkosh
annual meeting and air show.

The airplane was a Vultee Vibrator, something about that seems to go with the theme.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:

http://wess.freeshell.org/usenet/rec...teBawlsOOT.jpg

Pretty cute. That graphic NEVER would have made it onto a WWII plane,
though.

I didn't think so either. Most were fairly tame. I shot the picture at the EAA Oshkosh
annual meeting and air show.

The airplane was a Vultee Vibrator, something about that seems to go with the theme.

Wes

My Dad's B-29 was the "FU-KEMAL TU", rather naughty for that era.

http://www.444thbg.org/johnbirchpilot.htm

David
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

http://wess.freeshell.org/usenet/rec...g/LastDateBawl...

Pretty cute. *That graphic NEVER would have made it onto a WWII plane,
though.

--
The doctor can bury his mistakes, but an architect
can only advise his client to plant vines.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *--FLW

From what I read somewhere the early nose art was pretty racy. Then
higher ups decided it wasn't a good image to send back to the civilian
public.
Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"David R.Birch" wrote:

My Dad's B-29 was the "FU-KEMAL TU", rather naughty for that era.

http://www.444thbg.org/johnbirchpilot.htm

That was priceless. Gotta admire a good sense of humor.

Wes

Hello guys! Lazar Simic Cvrcko Home Ownership 2 September 14th 08 01:55 AM
Hi Guys steven[_2_] Electronics Repair 0 July 24th 08 12:55 PM
This One Of You Guys? J T Woodworking 6 April 23rd 06 01:56 AM
hi help me out guys [email protected] Electronics Repair 13 March 19th 06 10:05 PM
anybody ever buy from the CPO guys? Richard Clements Woodworking 2 March 21st 05 10:51 AM