DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Something for the older guys - WW-II pinups (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/279887-something-older-guys-ww-ii-pinups.html)

Michael A. Terrell June 7th 09 11:03 PM

Something for the older guys - WW-II pinups

http://wisher1.freewebspace.com/one/page1.htm

Wes[_2_] June 8th 09 01:28 AM

Something for the older guys - WW-II pinups

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

rec.crafts.metalworking

I was trying to find my nose art that was titled 'balls out' but can't seem to locate it.
Nice babe on the plane. Shot it at Oshkosh back in the 90's.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

Steve W.[_2_] June 8th 09 02:35 AM

Wes wrote:
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

rec.crafts.metalworking

I was trying to find my nose art that was titled 'balls out' but can't seem to locate it.
Nice babe on the plane. Shot it at Oshkosh back in the 90's.

Wes

What was it on?

maybe one of these have it?

http://www.ww2planenoseart.com/
http://parentseyes.arizona.edu/milit.../overview3.htm
http://www.fightingcolors.com/
http://www.warpaintllc.com/

--
Steve W.

Ecnerwal[_3_] June 8th 09 03:00 AM

Something for the older guys - WW-II pinups

In article ,
Wes wrote:
I was trying to find my nose art that was titled 'balls out' but can't seem
to locate it.
Nice babe on the plane. Shot it at Oshkosh back in the 90's.

Not this one, then:

http://wing.chez-alice.fr/USAAF/405t..._Balls_Out.jpg
http://www.firehousehobbies.com/site...ut-391x226.jpg

Wes[_2_] June 8th 09 09:32 PM

"Steve W." wrote:

What was it on?

maybe one of these have it?

http://www.ww2planenoseart.com/
http://parentseyes.arizona.edu/milit.../overview3.htm
http://www.fightingcolors.com/
http://www.warpaintllc.com/

I found it on a SD card in my palm pda. I put it on my web host. Fairly racy.

http://wess.freeshell.org/usenet/rec...teBawlsOOT.jpg

Thanks for the other links.

Wes

Wes[_2_] June 8th 09 09:33 PM

Something for the older guys - WW-II pinups

Ecnerwal wrote:

In article ,
Wes wrote:
I was trying to find my nose art that was titled 'balls out' but can't seem
to locate it.
Nice babe on the plane. Shot it at Oshkosh back in the 90's.

Not this one, then:

http://wing.chez-alice.fr/USAAF/405t..._Balls_Out.jpg
http://www.firehousehobbies.com/site...ut-391x226.jpg

No but thanks, I like that one!

Wes

Larry Jaques June 9th 09 12:36 AM

Something for the older guys - WW-II pinups

On Mon, 08 Jun 2009 16:32:19 -0400, the infamous Wes
scrawled the following:

"Steve W." wrote:

What was it on?

maybe one of these have it?

http://www.ww2planenoseart.com/
http://parentseyes.arizona.edu/milit.../overview3.htm
http://www.fightingcolors.com/
http://www.warpaintllc.com/

I found it on a SD card in my palm pda. I put it on my web host. Fairly racy.

http://wess.freeshell.org/usenet/rec...teBawlsOOT.jpg

Pretty cute. That graphic NEVER would have made it onto a WWII plane,
though.

--
The doctor can bury his mistakes, but an architect
can only advise his client to plant vines.

Wes[_2_] June 9th 09 12:49 AM

Larry Jaques wrote:

http://wess.freeshell.org/usenet/rec...teBawlsOOT.jpg

Pretty cute. That graphic NEVER would have made it onto a WWII plane,
though.

I didn't think so either. Most were fairly tame. I shot the picture at the EAA Oshkosh
annual meeting and air show.

The airplane was a Vultee Vibrator, something about that seems to go with the theme.

David R.Birch June 9th 09 01:49 AM

Wes wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:

http://wess.freeshell.org/usenet/rec...teBawlsOOT.jpg

Pretty cute. That graphic NEVER would have made it onto a WWII plane,
though.

I didn't think so either. Most were fairly tame. I shot the picture at the EAA Oshkosh
annual meeting and air show.

The airplane was a Vultee Vibrator, something about that seems to go with the theme.

Wes

My Dad's B-29 was the "FU-KEMAL TU", rather naughty for that era.

http://www.444thbg.org/johnbirchpilot.htm

David

kfvorwerk June 9th 09 10:58 AM

http://wess.freeshell.org/usenet/rec...g/LastDateBawl...

Pretty cute. *That graphic NEVER would have made it onto a WWII plane,
though.

--
The doctor can bury his mistakes, but an architect
can only advise his client to plant vines.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *--FLW

From what I read somewhere the early nose art was pretty racy. Then
higher ups decided it wasn't a good image to send back to the civilian
public.
Karl

Wes[_2_] June 9th 09 10:07 PM

"David R.Birch" wrote:

My Dad's B-29 was the "FU-KEMAL TU", rather naughty for that era.

http://www.444thbg.org/johnbirchpilot.htm

That was priceless. Gotta admire a good sense of humor.

Wes