Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
No Name

Default Machinery Skates

Northern Tool sells Machinery Skates rated at 3300 lbs. each. and cost about
$50 each. I bought a set and they are nice but you must take care moving
machinery with them as the machine can slip off the top of the skate. They
are cut down channel steel with an axle welded to the bottom and for wheels
they use 8 bearings per wheel so all in all I feel like the price was right.
Most likely made in China

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Northern Tool sells Machinery Skates rated at 3300 lbs. each. and cost about
$50 each. I bought a set and they are nice but you must take care moving
machinery with them as the machine can slip off the top of the skate. They
are cut down channel steel with an axle welded to the bottom and for wheels
they use 8 bearings per wheel so all in all I feel like the price was right.
Most likely made in China

If your rollers and floor can take it, using three works best. Assuming machine won't
tip.

Spent the day moving a couple 20,000# turning centers through the plant.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 05:17:57 -0500, wrote:

Northern Tool sells Machinery Skates rated at 3300 lbs. each. and cost about
$50 each. I bought a set and they are nice but you must take care moving
machinery with them as the machine can slip off the top of the skate. They
are cut down channel steel with an axle welded to the bottom and for wheels
they use 8 bearings per wheel so all in all I feel like the price was right.
Most likely made in China

You should put some sacrificial "soft" material between the machine
feet and the roller skate top. Plain wood, or better yet plywood, or
rubber car-tire scraps work OK too.

Does the skate have a swivel plate?