Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Shop Tip of the Day

When hot chips are flying off the lathe ...
.... keep your mouth closed (Owww! ... ptuu, ptuu).

DAMHIKT,
Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message
When hot chips are flying off the lathe ...
... keep your mouth closed (Owww! ... ptuu, ptuu).

DAMHIKT,
Bob

O love it when a hot chip hits plastic glasses and melts in. Or, when you
turn your head one goes in the ear. That's why I NEVER clean out the wax or
trim the foliage.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Buerste wrote:
"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message
When hot chips are flying off the lathe ...
... keep your mouth closed (Owww! ... ptuu, ptuu).

DAMHIKT,
Bob

O love it when a hot chip hits plastic glasses and melts in. Or, when you
turn your head one goes in the ear. That's why I NEVER clean out the wax or
trim the foliage.

A little too much info there, Buerste!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-05-28, Buerste wrote:

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message
When hot chips are flying off the lathe ...
... keep your mouth closed (Owww! ... ptuu, ptuu).

DAMHIKT,
Bob

O love it when a hot chip hits plastic glasses and melts in. Or, when you
turn your head one goes in the ear. That's why I NEVER clean out the wax or
trim the foliage.

hot chips embed in wax pretty well too.

you really need to wirebrush your ear wax.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 28, 3:58*pm, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
When hot chips are flying off the lathe ...
... keep your mouth closed (Owww! ... ptuu, ptuu).

DAMHIKT,
Bob

Warm gumdrops! Yum!

Rich.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

When hot chips are flying off the lathe ...
... keep your mouth closed (Owww! ... ptuu, ptuu).

Also don't be wearing only bib overalls and a t-shirt.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

m...
On 2009-05-28, Buerste wrote:

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message
When hot chips are flying off the lathe ...
... keep your mouth closed (Owww! ... ptuu, ptuu).

DAMHIKT,
Bob

O love it when a hot chip hits plastic glasses and melts in. Or, when
you
turn your head one goes in the ear. That's why I NEVER clean out the wax
or
trim the foliage.

hot chips embed in wax pretty well too.

you really need to wirebrush your ear wax.

.22 gun brush!

A little on the small size, try .45!
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article , "Buerste"
wrote:

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message
When hot chips are flying off the lathe ...
... keep your mouth closed (Owww! ... ptuu, ptuu).

DAMHIKT,
Bob

O love it when a hot chip hits plastic glasses and melts in. Or, when you
turn your head one goes in the ear. That's why I NEVER clean out the wax or
trim the foliage.

It makes this crackling boiling noise right in your ear....very
LOUD......ask me how I know.

DvD
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 28 May 2009 19:43:54 -0400, "Buerste" wrote:

.22 gun brush!

What load do you use with the .22 gun brush and do you use a mirror on the
rear sight to help aim it?

Expiring minds need to know :-)

Mark Rand
RTFM

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 29 May 2009 19:58:28 +0100, the infamous Mark Rand
scrawled the following:

On Thu, 28 May 2009 19:43:54 -0400, "Buerste" wrote:

.22 gun brush!

What load do you use with the .22 gun brush and do you use a mirror on the
rear sight to help aim it?

Expiring minds need to know :-)

You Brits, I swear. It's not a projectile, it's a tool which is
chucked into a die grinder and used manually at 20,000RPM.

-
Press HERE to arm. (Release to detonate.)
-----------
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Also keep your shirt buttoned up-double owww.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

On Thu, 28 May 2009 16:58:06 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

When hot chips are flying off the lathe ...
... keep your mouth closed (Owww! ... ptuu, ptuu).

DAMHIKT,
Bob

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-05-28, Buerste wrote:

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message
When hot chips are flying off the lathe ...
... keep your mouth closed (Owww! ... ptuu, ptuu).

DAMHIKT,
Bob

O love it when a hot chip hits plastic glasses and melts in. Or, when
you
turn your head one goes in the ear. That's why I NEVER clean out the wax
or
trim the foliage.

hot chips embed in wax pretty well too.

you really need to wirebrush your ear wax.

.22 gun brush!

Wimp. I've seen your pictures, and a .45 gun brush would still be
too small. ;-)