Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Shop Tricks From PM - Part III

BottleBob wrote:

Lining up part in lathe with bearing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn7A9...e=channel_page

The part I liked best was the holder for the bearing. It was a piece of
1/2" square with a couple of angled pieces welded to it. Fits the QC
tool post & doesn't tie up a regular tool holder. I'm gonna' make one
to hold the dial indicator.

Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 25 May 2009 12:54:36 -0400, Bob Engelhardt

Lining up part in lathe with bearing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn7A9...e=channel_page

The part I liked best was the holder for the bearing. It was a piece of
1/2" square with a couple of angled pieces welded to it. Fits the QC
tool post & doesn't tie up a regular tool holder. I'm gonna' make one
to hold the dial indicator.

Bob

Hi Bob
Wern't those round pins welded on the sq. bar to fit the QC ??

Bob
rgentry at oz dot net
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bob Gentry wrote:
Wern't those round pins welded on the sq. bar to fit the QC ??

Oh, yeah - they were (I looked again & paused it it). Makes it even
easier. After I've already cut my 60 degree pieces.

Bob

Old Dog, New Tricks charlieb Woodturning 5 July 4th 08 11:46 PM
RT tricks Bill Schwab Metalworking 0 November 15th 07 08:17 PM
The Time The Monkey Came To Live At Rube's Shop-Part Of GoodBye-4 Tom Watson Woodworking 1 January 18th 06 07:14 AM
How come your shop smells so funny? Part II DOC Metalworking 14 December 20th 04 06:52 AM
Best tricks in the shop Tom Gardner Metalworking 30 December 6th 04 04:26 AM