DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Shop Tricks From PM - Part III (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/279024-re-shop-tricks-pm-part-iii.html)

Bob Engelhardt May 25th 09 05:54 PM

Shop Tricks From PM - Part III

BottleBob wrote:

Lining up part in lathe with bearing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn7A9...e=channel_page

The part I liked best was the holder for the bearing. It was a piece of
1/2" square with a couple of angled pieces welded to it. Fits the QC
tool post & doesn't tie up a regular tool holder. I'm gonna' make one
to hold the dial indicator.

Bob

Bob Gentry May 25th 09 10:46 PM

Shop Tricks From PM - Part III

On Mon, 25 May 2009 12:54:36 -0400, Bob Engelhardt

Lining up part in lathe with bearing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn7A9...e=channel_page

The part I liked best was the holder for the bearing. It was a piece of
1/2" square with a couple of angled pieces welded to it. Fits the QC
tool post & doesn't tie up a regular tool holder. I'm gonna' make one
to hold the dial indicator.

Bob

Hi Bob
Wern't those round pins welded on the sq. bar to fit the QC ??

Bob
rgentry at oz dot net

Bob Engelhardt May 25th 09 11:58 PM

Shop Tricks From PM - Part III

Bob Gentry wrote:
Wern't those round pins welded on the sq. bar to fit the QC ??

Oh, yeah - they were (I looked again & paused it it). Makes it even
easier. After I've already cut my 60 degree pieces.

Bob