Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Dirt Devil 085570 12amp Featherlite Upright Vacuum

List Price:$59.99
Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B00154CSB4
Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B00154CSB4

I had this for about three years, before it caught on fire today, and died. Something happened to the wiring in the cord, and burned a hole through while I was using it -- I didn't notice until the sparks flew out, followed by small flames, smoke, etc. Luckily, nothing else happened.Other problems I had with this model included having to change the belt several times, and the noise level started out bad, and kept getting worse...and I didn't think this was light-weight at all. However, it did do a good job of cleaning up, especially pet hair from my cat and dogs (long-hair breeds).I like having two vacuums in the house, one for upstairs and one for downstairs, so I might look into the Dirt Devil M085590 Featherlite Bagged Upright Vacuum Cleaner because it looks like the company worked out the bugs from previous models (ex: belt changes, fires). As I said, Dirt Devil was good for sucking up the difficult stuff.
12-amp motor 13 inch nozzle & headlight 25-ft cord Lightweight design MicroFresh filtration traps over 99 of dust & allergens Ready to use hose & tools on-board Durable hard shell design Automatic height adjustment & edge cleaning

ACCESSORIES:

Detailer Cordless Hand Vac:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000K7XPE6
Magnet Mop 2:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B0018MZD92
Casabella Compact Carpet Sweeper, Orange 1ea:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B0009ET60C