Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Upright Vacuum recommendations..

Hello,

My old Fantom Thunder is ready to give up and I am on the lookout for a
replacement. Consumer Reports recommends Kenmore Progressive Direct Drive
models (Model #s 35922 & 36932), Hoover WindTunnel Self Propelled Ultra
(Model # U6439-900) & Eureka Boss Smartvac Ultra 4870.

Any recommendation from someone who has recently bought? Should I go for a
bagless vac or vac w/ bag? Any Pros or Cons?

TIA for any pointers
Posted to misc.consumers.house

R. Kannan wrote:
Hello,

My old Fantom Thunder is ready to give up and I am on the lookout for a
replacement. Consumer Reports recommends Kenmore Progressive Direct Drive
models (Model #s 35922 & 36932), Hoover WindTunnel Self Propelled Ultra
(Model # U6439-900) & Eureka Boss Smartvac Ultra 4870.

Any recommendation from someone who has recently bought? Should I go for a
bagless vac or vac w/ bag? Any Pros or Cons?

TIA for any pointers

I have a Bissell Cleanview Bagless. It costed about $90 and it is very
good. No filters to replace...it has an extra set...you wash one set
and while they are drying you use the other. Cuts down on expense. A
friend of mine had a Kirby and mine outcleaned her Kirby by far. I
have had it over a year and it still cleans great.

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Look at the amps on the vacuum. The higher the amps, the better.

Also look at the cost of replacement bags/filters first before buying.

Posted to misc.consumers.house

In article , "R. Kannan" wrote:

Any recommendation from someone who has recently bought?

Being a nontrivial purchase, you might spend a little bit of time looking at
the information in the vacuum forums at

http://www.whatsthebest-vacuum.com/c...ard=wtb-vacuum

There is a good amount of diverse and informed opinion floating around in
there.

Art (who owns a Rainbow, Simplicity, and Dyson)