Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default More Names 2009 photos

Things I found interesting at the show. Enjoy.

http://www.garage-machinist.com/names2009/index.html

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 20:02:17 -0400, Wes wrote:

Things I found interesting at the show. Enjoy.

http://www.garage-machinist.com/names2009/index.html

Wes

"I always see something in your picture sets that makes me wonder how
I missed that display."

I feel that exact same way. I have pretty much given up trying to see
every tiny thing since I know it is probably not possib.e I see what
I can and rely on other fellows to post pictures of what they saw to
cover all the bases.

Thanks for posting the photos of my display. I generally don't post
pictures of my stuff because it seems rude to do so.

Nice photos and thanks for posting.

Errol
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Errol Groff wrote:

On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 20:02:17 -0400, Wes wrote:

Things I found interesting at the show. Enjoy.

http://www.garage-machinist.com/names2009/index.html

Wes

"I always see something in your picture sets that makes me wonder how
I missed that display."

I feel that exact same way. I have pretty much given up trying to see
every tiny thing since I know it is probably not possib.e I see what
I can and rely on other fellows to post pictures of what they saw to
cover all the bases.

The beauty of the Internet is that we can share our experiences with others.

Thanks for posting the photos of my display. I generally don't post
pictures of my stuff because it seems rude to do so.

I sorta understand the sentiment but works in progress are often more interesting than the
finished product. One can see the pieces, after it is together you only see the end
result. Beauty goes below the skin in my world.

Details on how you built every detail as you progress would be of interest to those that
love metalworking.

The Bristol Mercury has been moving along over my visits, the Duesenberg did likewise.
Since some of us see things year over year, watching the progress from a pile of details
to the final assembly is very enjoyable.

I talked to the gent that is making the Bristol Mercury asking him questions on how he did
this and how he did that. Sunday had the gent that built the Duesenberg giving a seminar,
I was there, don't really want to build a minature automobile but I was very interested in
how he created some of the details.

If either of them had a blog that documented the steps along their project, I'd be
checking it every day.

Nice photos and thanks for posting.

Same to you,

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 1, 12:44*am, Don Foreman wrote:
On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 20:02:17 -0400, Wes wrote:
Things I found interesting at the show. *Enjoy.

http://www.garage-machinist.com/names2009/index.html

Wes

WOW!

Wes,

Thanks for posting these pictures!

The Bristol Mercury engine is being built by Ian Wynd, member of the
Hamilton Model Engineers Club in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ian is
indeed an outstanding model builder with infinite patience and
attention to detail. His workmanship is truly outstanding.

The International Harvester "MOGUL" tractor was built by John Parsons,
member of the Golden Triangle Model Engineers Club of Woodstock,
Ontario, Canada. John is also a model builder par excellence.

I am a member of both clubs and know these gentlemen personally; both
are marvelous in inspiration, workmanship, and patience in explaining
"how-to" to all the questions voiced at club meetings. They are true
gentlemen in the art of engineering model building.

Wolfgang

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 1 May 2009 07:13:30 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

[...]

And Mark Toth and Reg Miller (along with Laura too) are also in that
same gang of terrific model engineers. Mark and Reg did a fantastic
job of preparing and presenting the "EDM -- Still Magic!!" seminar at
the NAMES 2009 show. I'm just sorry that there time-slot put up on
Sunday morning and against some other very popular competition, so in
my mind not enough folks at NAMES saw what they have done.

I'd very much like them to "take the show on the road" and let as
many people as possible see what they presented, at least here in
southern Ontario .

Work on them a bit about that for me Wolfgng. PLEASE!!! At a
MINIMUM, they should present it at a Golden Triangle meet or meeting,
and one evening at one of the St.Thomas get-togethers at Reg's house.
If you didn't see it, you'd like it I'm sure. If you did, spread the
word!!

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 1, 6:43*pm, Brian Lawson wrote:
[...]

Brian,

Why don't you attend a meeting or two of the Golden Triangle Club?
I'll speak to Reg and Mark at our May meeting, which is held in
Woodstock, 4th Sunday of the month, at Ted McJannett's place.

I'm treasurer of that august body and can probably twist an arm or two
to have a command performance put on. Reg is secretary and takes notes
for the newsletter.

The EDM Reg and Mark talked about, was it the machine designed by
Robert Langlois? If it was indeed about this design, I was one of
the initial group of people that built one in the mid-1990's, as
described in HSM by Robert.

I'll talk to Reg / Mark.

Wolfgang
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 1 May 2009 18:28:50 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

[...]

I've never been to McJannetts. I don't know why really. Just comes
up at times I'm doing something else. I haven't seen Jack and Ted for
many years, probably since Windsor Ontario Sunparlour days. Say Hi
for me please.

I have been to a meeting or two at Art Gibson's in the past, but same
thing. Just too busy. I've been to the St. Thomas coffee club a few
times lately with Murray Bennell. I enjoy that. No politics!!

Yes, the original seminar premise was to revive the Robert Langlois
EDM stuff (in fact, I believe they used the EDM that was used in the
publication), but Mark and Reg went well beyond the call of duty with
the presentation. They had some interesting empirical stuff Mark did,
some of which is counter-intuitive, at least to me. And he/they
presented information that is not readily available for small EDMs or
on-line. That's why I think he/they should "show it off" a bit,
rather than packing it away.

Work on them!! It will be worth it. If you do get them to say "Yes",
please do let me know when & where as I want to see it too.

Take care.

Brian Lawson.

NAMES 2009 Photos Errol Groff Metalworking 3 April 27th 09 12:52 AM
New Rules for 2009 Wes[_2_] Metalworking 0 April 4th 09 10:03 PM
O/T - 2009 Morris Dovey Woodworking 11 January 3rd 09 02:15 AM
NAMES Photos Errol Groff Metalworking 3 April 24th 08 10:44 PM
NAMES 2006 Photos Errol Groff Metalworking 1 April 28th 06 02:43 PM