Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default More Names 2009 photos

Errol Groff wrote:

On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 20:02:17 -0400, Wes wrote:

Things I found interesting at the show. Enjoy.

http://www.garage-machinist.com/names2009/index.html

Wes

"I always see something in your picture sets that makes me wonder how
I missed that display."

I feel that exact same way. I have pretty much given up trying to see
every tiny thing since I know it is probably not possib.e I see what
I can and rely on other fellows to post pictures of what they saw to
cover all the bases.

The beauty of the Internet is that we can share our experiences with others.

Thanks for posting the photos of my display. I generally don't post
pictures of my stuff because it seems rude to do so.

I sorta understand the sentiment but works in progress are often more interesting than the
finished product. One can see the pieces, after it is together you only see the end
result. Beauty goes below the skin in my world.

Details on how you built every detail as you progress would be of interest to those that
love metalworking.

The Bristol Mercury has been moving along over my visits, the Duesenberg did likewise.
Since some of us see things year over year, watching the progress from a pile of details
to the final assembly is very enjoyable.

I talked to the gent that is making the Bristol Mercury asking him questions on how he did
this and how he did that. Sunday had the gent that built the Duesenberg giving a seminar,
I was there, don't really want to build a minature automobile but I was very interested in
how he created some of the details.

If either of them had a blog that documented the steps along their project, I'd be
checking it every day.

Nice photos and thanks for posting.

Same to you,

Wes