Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Mitutoyo test indicator repair

I have a model 513-212 which needed a good clean. I don't know how to
disassemble the bezel which is not strictly necessary. However I do need to
know which direction I should tension the indicator hand staff upon
re-assembly.
Anyone know?
Thanks, John.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"John" wrote in message
I have a model 513-212 which needed a good clean. I don't know how to
disassemble the bezel which is not strictly necessary. However I do need
to know which direction I should tension the indicator hand staff upon
re-assembly.
Anyone know?
Thanks, John.

I know nothing specifically about your question but I am prety sure that
hairsprings are usually tensioned in the windup direction which tends to
wind the coil smaller. It also seems that a rotating pointer should be
tensioned in a manner that pulls it back toward the zero point. Hopefully
someone else has better information.

Don Young

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Don this indicator is bi-directional so without dismantling the bezel I have
a dilemma.
John.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don Young" wrote in message
webinternetservicesprovideinc...

"John" wrote in message
I have a model 513-212 which needed a good clean. I don't know how to
disassemble the bezel which is not strictly necessary. However I do need
to know which direction I should tension the indicator hand staff upon
re-assembly.
Anyone know?
Thanks, John.

I know nothing specifically about your question but I am prety sure that
hairsprings are usually tensioned in the windup direction which tends to
wind the coil smaller. It also seems that a rotating pointer should be
tensioned in a manner that pulls it back toward the zero point. Hopefully
someone else has better information.

Don Young

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

DONE, its fixed, I was able to figure out the direction from the wear on the
crown and pinion gears with a high powerful magnifier, clockwise when viewed
from the dial side.
John.

Old Mitutoyo digimatic indicator power supply Ignoramus9283 Metalworking 4 August 26th 08 06:04 AM
Test indicator dumb questions Bill Schwab Metalworking 15 December 19th 05 06:30 AM
Mitutoyo digital indicator SPC output Data Acquisition gtslabs Metalworking 3 April 3rd 05 01:22 AM
Question about Mitutoyo Pocket Test Indicator Steve Metalworking 0 July 19th 04 08:16 AM
mitutoyo dial test indicator repair Dale Randall Metalworking 1 September 25th 03 03:38 PM