DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Mitutoyo test indicator repair (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/276431-mitutoyo-test-indicator-repair.html)

John April 21st 09 10:38 PM

Mitutoyo test indicator repair

I have a model 513-212 which needed a good clean. I don't know how to
disassemble the bezel which is not strictly necessary. However I do need to
know which direction I should tension the indicator hand staff upon
re-assembly.
Anyone know?
Thanks, John.

Don Young April 22nd 09 03:07 AM

"John" wrote in message
I have a model 513-212 which needed a good clean. I don't know how to
disassemble the bezel which is not strictly necessary. However I do need
to know which direction I should tension the indicator hand staff upon
re-assembly.
Anyone know?
Thanks, John.

I know nothing specifically about your question but I am prety sure that
hairsprings are usually tensioned in the windup direction which tends to
wind the coil smaller. It also seems that a rotating pointer should be
tensioned in a manner that pulls it back toward the zero point. Hopefully
someone else has better information.

Don Young

John April 22nd 09 03:45 AM

Mitutoyo test indicator repair

Don this indicator is bi-directional so without dismantling the bezel I have
a dilemma.
John.
"Don Young" wrote in message
webinternetservicesprovideinc...

John April 23rd 09 02:00 AM

Mitutoyo test indicator repair

DONE, its fixed, I was able to figure out the direction from the wear on the
crown and pinion gears with a high powerful magnifier, clockwise when viewed
from the dial side.
John.