Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Old Mitutoyo digimatic indicator power supply

This is an old indicator with glow tubes for display.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Mitutoyo-...-Indicator.jpg

It is missing a power supply, any idea what is the voltage for it?

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus9283 wrote:
This is an old indicator with glow tubes for display.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Mitutoyo-...-Indicator.jpg

It is missing a power supply, any idea what is the voltage for it?

Call this guy and have him give you the direct dial number for their repair
facility.
I had it around a while back when I was fixing a digital Heigth Gage that
isn't made any longr.

Art Rivera
Precise Industrial, Inc.
14782 Beach Blvd
La Mirada, CA 90638
714-523-0270 office
714-523-0820 fax

--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus9283 writes:

It is missing a power supply, any idea what is the voltage for it?

I had the same question once from an mystery auction item. I used my lab
power supply to find that +5 VDC worked, with + on the center and - on the
outside. Unfortunately in my case the display worked, but the indicator
itself was broken and didn't function.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Someone on eBay has a very similar one for sale:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mitutoyo-Digimat...d=p3286.c0.m14

Maybe he can tell you the voltage and polarity of the "wall wart".

I think that Richard is probably right, but you could also pull the
back off the indicator and see if it has an old NiCd battery pack
inside. If so, you could trace it to the charger plug and guess
voltage/polarity.

I've used something similar in the past and it had an LED display.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus9283 wrote:

This is an old indicator with glow tubes for display.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Mitutoyo-...-Indicator.jpg

It is missing a power supply, any idea what is the voltage for it?

You could ask The Horse:
http://www.mitutoyo.com/template2.aspx?id=23

--Winston