Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Industrial steam cleaning?

I have a few things (two compressors) that I would like to steam clean
or something. They are seriously dirty. (and when I say that, take me
at my word). Are there industrial services like this where I can take
them for cleaning. I may be able to jerry rig something on my own, but
it would be an environmental violation of some sort I am sure.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

--
Due to extreme spam originating from Google Groups, and their
inattention

Some DIY car washes have a degreaser and hot high pressure water intended
for engine cleaning. You could probably take your own spray degreaser or
spray the work down with it beforehand. If you are not used to pressure
washing, be careful of the backsplash as there will likely be some surfaces
that direct it right back in your face.

Don Young

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Don Young wrote:

[...]

Second on the car wash. They also have waste water collection /
filtration with the expectation of grease, oil and all manner of
contaminants. Load the compressors on your trailer, spray them with
"purple" degreaser and then drive to the self serve car wash to pressure
wash them. Wear an old raincoat and chemical splash goggles.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Some DIY car washes have a degreaser and hot high pressure water intended
for engine cleaning. You could probably take your own spray degreaser or
spray the work down with it beforehand. If you are not used to pressure
washing, be careful of the backsplash as there will likely be some
surfaces that direct it right back in your face.

Exactly. I get the purple engine degreaser by the gallon and squirt on
straight. let soak, repeat. Then hit it with a hot pressure washer. Totally
amazing what you can clean. I did this to several machines out of a CNC shop
where they used oil for coolant. They were a total pit. These took several
shots but the machines looked like new.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus30233" wrote in message
I have a few things (two compressors) that I would like to steam clean
or something. They are seriously dirty. (and when I say that, take me
at my word). Are there industrial services like this where I can take
them for cleaning. I may be able to jerry rig something on my own, but
it would be an environmental violation of some sort I am sure.

--

Yup, just look in the yellow pages for steam cleaners. Some are mobile.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

When i bring home equipment, cars, etc, i usually bring a hudson sprayer
with 100% simple green or Castrol purple, and some brushes, a face shield,
gloves, and a vinyl apron, then stop at a car wash. The further from home
the better, it dries faster at speed.
--
Stupendous Man,