Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Industrial steam cleaning?

Don Young wrote:

"Ignoramus30233" wrote in message
I have a few things (two compressors) that I would like to steam clean
or something. They are seriously dirty. (and when I say that, take me
at my word). Are there industrial services like this where I can take
them for cleaning. I may be able to jerry rig something on my own, but
it would be an environmental violation of some sort I am sure.

--
Due to extreme spam originating from Google Groups, and their
inattention

Some DIY car washes have a degreaser and hot high pressure water intended
for engine cleaning. You could probably take your own spray degreaser or
spray the work down with it beforehand. If you are not used to pressure
washing, be careful of the backsplash as there will likely be some surfaces
that direct it right back in your face.

Don Young

Second on the car wash. They also have waste water collection /
filtration with the expectation of grease, oil and all manner of
contaminants. Load the compressors on your trailer, spray them with
"purple" degreaser and then drive to the self serve car wash to pressure
wash them. Wear an old raincoat and chemical splash goggles.