Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Statistics for alt.machines.cnc, 16 Mar 2009

Matt Stawicki wrote:

Gunner's not lying. He gets $75/hr for machine tool service. That's
not a full time, 40 hr/week job. Some weeks are good, 5-6 service
calls for a 50 hr week. Other weeks suck. You wind up with one or two
1 hour jobs.

He has to price at 75 since companies with factory connections can charge more.

If we have to call Ellison or Gosingers for help, they get to charge more because they
have more to offer in terms of back end support.

If Gunner is making 75 he is doing better than many electricians with a Masters license.
Of course the electricians jobs last longer.

Then you get times when the economy is down, people find ways to fix
their equipment themselves, or try to get by without needed repairs,
and you find yourself with no service calls for two or three weeks.

In a down economy, capacity increases, machines can sit. With todays economy it is odd to
have my boss ask if we can get some machine going this week instead of by morning.

Been there, done that.

I really like my job, they break it I fix it, they don't break it, I try to look busy.
Tip, always carry a few tools in your hands as you walk around the plant.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

Statistics for alt.machines.cnc, 16 Mar 2009 Wes[_2_] Metalworking 10 March 18th 09 11:34 PM
O/T - 2009 Morris Dovey Woodworking 11 January 3rd 09 02:15 AM
National Pigeon Day 2009 pigeonperson UK diy 10 July 29th 08 01:25 AM
Washing machines that are built like commercial machines? Ignoramus22440 Metalworking 50 May 8th 06 05:38 AM
Washing machines that are built like commercial machines? Ignoramus22440 Home Repair 38 May 8th 06 05:38 AM