Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Texas town robs black motorists (Chicago Tribune)

Not a very pretty story.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...,6051682.story

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 10, 11:49 am, Ignoramus26567 ignoramus26...@NOSPAM.
26567.invalid wrote:
Not a very pretty story.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...s-profiling_wi...

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/

Same thing was happening in Florida in the 90's, whole counties were
in on the confiscation of personal property. All legal under state
law, but a direct violation of the federal constitution. Federal
courts did nothing, state law was finally changed due to public
outrage.

CarlBoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 10:49:11 -0500, Ignoramus26567
wrote:

Not a very pretty story.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...,6051682.story

Iggy...its not just in Texas...

Google "asset forfeiture horror stories"

its widespread and utterly unforgivable

This may be of some interest as well

http://www.fear.org/

Gunner

"Human nature is bad. Good is a human product*
A warped piece of wood must be steamed and forced
before it is made straight; a metal blade must be put to the whetstone
before it becomes sharp. Since the nature of people is bad, to become corrected
they must be taught by teachers and to be orderly they must acquire ritual
and moral principles."
—Sun Tzu
*
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Not a very pretty story.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...,6051682.story

Iggy...its not just in Texas...

Google "asset forfeiture horror stories"

its widespread and utterly unforgivable

I have googled some and was rather shocked. This is now what I would
characterize as "rule of law". I used to hear about stuff like this in
countries that we should not be emulating.

This may be of some interest as well

http://www.fear.org/

Gunner

"Human nature is bad. Good is a human product?
A warped piece of wood must be steamed and forced
before it is made straight; a metal blade must be put to the whetstone
before it becomes sharp. Since the nature of people is bad, to become corrected
they must be taught by teachers and to be orderly they must acquire ritual
and moral principles."
?Sun Tzu
?

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

--
* *Due to extreme spam originating from Google Groups, and their inattention
* * * to spammers, I and many others block all articles originating

Remember the old movie "Easy Rider?"

It appears nothing has changed in the "deep south."

It's rush limburger forever. My friends in FL tell me
it should only be another 3 to 4 generations before
this will significantly change.

dennis
in nca

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus26567" wrote in message
Not a very pretty story.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...,6051682.story

I must have missed something. It sounds like the way the federal Rico law
was used to rape citizens in the 90s, and is still used today.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus26567 wrote:

Not a very pretty story.

No it is not. Asset forfeiture, as it is currently constructed, is an insult to our
Constitution. If one doesn't have rights to one's possessions what rights exist?

It is also not just a black problem. Imagine, the government comes after you, you get
stripped of your assets and now are fighting hoping for a public defender, pro bono
attorney that is willing to fight the good fight, or some shyster that is going to pick
you fairly clean on a contingency fee basis.

The war on drugs is making prohibition look like a minor mistake in comparison.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-03-10, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus26567 wrote:

Not a very pretty story.

No it is not. Asset forfeiture, as it is currently constructed, is an insult to our
Constitution. If one doesn't have rights to one's possessions what rights exist?

It is also not just a black problem. Imagine, the government comes after you, you get
stripped of your assets and now are fighting hoping for a public defender, pro bono
attorney that is willing to fight the good fight, or some shyster that is going to pick
you fairly clean on a contingency fee basis.

The war on drugs is making prohibition look like a minor mistake in comparison.

I agree totally. See the Donald Scott (?) debacle.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Not a very pretty story.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...,6051682.story

Iggy...its not just in Texas...

Google "asset forfeiture horror stories"

its widespread and utterly unforgivable

I have googled some and was rather shocked. This is now what I would
characterize as "rule of law". I used to hear about stuff like this in
countries that we should not be emulating.

Indeed. Its all part and parcel of The War on Some Drugs...and
greed.

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

26567.invalid wrote:
Not a very pretty story.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...s-profiling_wi...

--
* *Due to extreme spam originating from Google Groups, and their inattention
* * * to spammers, I and many others block all articles originating
* * * *from Google Groups. If you want your postings to be seen by
* * * * *more readers you will need to find a different means of
* * * * * * * * * * * *posting on Usenet.
* * * * * * * * * *http://improve-usenet.org/

Remember the old movie "Easy Rider?"

It appears nothing has changed in the "deep south."

It's rush limburger forever. My friends in FL tell me
it should only be another 3 to 4 generations before
this will significantly change.

dennis
in nca

Dennis....its wide spread...nation wide..and happens even in Blue
States.

Feel free to google up your favorite Liberal state and Asset
Forfeiture.

It only happens when those in power attempt to void the Constitution.
Which unfortunatly is stock in trade of the Left.

Gunner

"Human nature is bad. Good is a human product*
A warped piece of wood must be steamed and forced
before it is made straight; a metal blade must be put to the whetstone
before it becomes sharp. Since the nature of people is bad, to become corrected
they must be taught by teachers and to be orderly they must acquire ritual
and moral principles."
—Sun Tzu
*

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus26567 wrote:

Not a very pretty story.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...,6051682.story

Got a direct link, not sure if this is one of the 478 comments currently.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob La Londe" wrote:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...,6051682.story

I must have missed something. It sounds like the way the federal Rico law
was used to rape citizens in the 90s, and is still used today.

Unless, I missed something also Bob, it is the same law, or travesty of law, depending on
view.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 15:02:58 -0700, Gunner Asch wrote:

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 12:32:31 -0700 (PDT), rigger wrote:

On Mar 10, 8:49Â*am, Ignoramus26567 ignoramus26...@NOSPAM.
26567.invalid wrote:
Not a very pretty story.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...rld/chi-texas-

profiling_wi...

--
Â* Â*Due to extreme spam originating from Google Groups, and their
Â* Â*inattention

Remember the old movie "Easy Rider?"

It appears nothing has changed in the "deep south."

It's rush limburger forever. My friends in FL tell me it should only be
another 3 to 4 generations before this will significantly change.

dennis
in nca

Dennis....its wide spread...nation wide..and happens even in Blue
States.

Feel free to google up your favorite Liberal state and Asset Forfeiture.

It only happens when those in power attempt to void the Constitution.
Which unfortunatly is stock in trade of the Left.

Correction: stock in trade of _both_ sides -- each just tries to void
the parts that they don't care about.

But take any one part of it away and -- poof! There goes the rest.

--
http://www.wescottdesign.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tis bad. Worse in La. Feds came in and busted them.

Some of these small towns are closing down. Sounds more than just making money.

Martin

Ignoramus26567 wrote:
Not a very pretty story.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...,6051682.story

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Not a very pretty story.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...,6051682.story

Iggy...its not just in Texas...

Google "asset forfeiture horror stories"

its widespread and utterly unforgivable

I have googled some and was rather shocked. This is now what I would
characterize as "rule of law". I used to hear about stuff like this in
countries that we should not be emulating.

In case you haven't noticed, the "rule of law" is a myth. There is only
the current mob rules.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

--One step forward, two steps back. Whaddya expect from the state
that gave us dubyah.

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Politics is a sinkhole for
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : people without hobbies...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 11 Mar 2009 16:38:28 GMT, steamer wrote:

--One step forward, two steps back. Whaddya expect from the state
that gave us dubyah.

Odd..it also sounds like Illinois. The state that gave us the Mob, the
Daleys and the Obamassiah.

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/19/1911.asp

http://www.assetforfeiturewatch.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=MultiPublishing&mod=Publi shingTitles&mid=6EECC0FE471F4CA995CE2A3E9A8E4207&t ier=4&id=4023A24BBDE446AFA815A9D7CE3F595C
"Human nature is bad. Good is a human product*
A warped piece of wood must be steamed and forced
before it is made straight; a metal blade must be put to the whetstone
before it becomes sharp. Since the nature of people is bad, to become corrected
they must be taught by teachers and to be orderly they must acquire ritual
and moral principles."
—Sun Tzu
*
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 11 Mar 2009 16:38:28 GMT, steamer wrote:

--One step forward, two steps back. Whaddya expect from the state
that gave us dubyah.

http://www.cato.org/raidmap/

Check it out for your state(s)

Gunner

"Human nature is bad. Good is a human product*
A warped piece of wood must be steamed and forced
before it is made straight; a metal blade must be put to the whetstone
before it becomes sharp. Since the nature of people is bad, to become corrected
they must be taught by teachers and to be orderly they must acquire ritual
and moral principles."
—Sun Tzu
*
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

steamer wrote:
--One step forward, two steps back. Whaddya expect from the state
that gave us dubyah.

Don't blame that on Texas!
He's from Connecticut.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

cavelamb wrote:

steamer wrote:
--One step forward, two steps back. Whaddya expect from the state
that gave us dubyah.

Don't blame that on Texas!
He's from Connecticut.

Are we going to pin Obama on Illinois or Hawaii?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:
cavelamb wrote:

steamer wrote:
--One step forward, two steps back. Whaddya expect from the state
that gave us dubyah.

Don't blame that on Texas!
He's from Connecticut.

Are we going to pin Obama on Illinois or Hawaii?

I thought he was from Africa???
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Not a very pretty story.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...,6051682.story

Iggy...its not just in Texas...

Google "asset forfeiture horror stories"

its widespread and utterly unforgivable

I have googled some and was rather shocked. This is now what I would
characterize as "rule of law". I used to hear about stuff like this in
countries that we should not be emulating.

I recall years ago, some low-class but harmless (white) friends of my
sister. A couple, cashed their paychecks on a Friday night, had $600
between them. Got stopped, been smoking pot, had some on them. The cop
kept the pot and all the cash, turned them loose. This was in a fort
Worth suburb.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-03-13, RB wrote:
I recall years ago, some low-class but harmless (white) friends of my
sister. A couple, cashed their paychecks on a Friday night, had $600
between them. Got stopped, been smoking pot, had some on them. The cop
kept the pot and all the cash, turned them loose. This was in a fort
Worth suburb.

In some ways, it was actually a good outcome, now that I think about
it.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 10:11:39 -0500, cavelamb wrote:

Wes wrote:

Are we going to pin Obama on Illinois or Hawaii?

I thought he was from Africa???

If he were, he wouldn't be your president :-|

Mark Rand
RTFM
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

cavelamb wrote:

(...)

I thought he was from Africa???

Who isn't?

--Winston

--

Don't *faff*, dear.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 14 Mar 2009 16:22:33 -0800, the infamous Winston
scrawled the following:

cavelamb wrote:

(...)

I thought he was from Africa???

Who isn't?

"Where are you from, Private?"
"Nairobi, Ma'am. Isn't everybody?"

--
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

cavelamb wrote:

Are we going to pin Obama on Illinois or Hawaii?

I thought he was from Africa???

That close? I thought maybe Mars or Pluto.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

"Where are you from, Private?"
"Nairobi, Ma'am. Isn't everybody?"

--

Don't *faff*, dear.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 14, 9:18*am, Ignoramus11807 ignoramus11...@NOSPAM.
11807.invalid wrote:
On 2009-03-13, RB wrote:

[...]

Well it certainly was for the criminal cop. I wonder if
he sells the dope?

dennis
in nca