Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus26567 Ignoramus26567 is offline

Default Texas town robs black motorists (Chicago Tribune)

On 2009-03-10, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 10:49:11 -0500, Ignoramus26567
wrote:

Not a very pretty story.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...,6051682.story

Iggy...its not just in Texas...

Google "asset forfeiture horror stories"

its widespread and utterly unforgivable

I have googled some and was rather shocked. This is now what I would
characterize as "rule of law". I used to hear about stuff like this in
countries that we should not be emulating.

This may be of some interest as well

http://www.fear.org/

Gunner

"Human nature is bad. Good is a human product?
A warped piece of wood must be steamed and forced
before it is made straight; a metal blade must be put to the whetstone
before it becomes sharp. Since the nature of people is bad, to become corrected
they must be taught by teachers and to be orderly they must acquire ritual
and moral principles."
?Sun Tzu
?

posting on Usenet.