Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus26567 Ignoramus26567 is offline

Default Texas town robs black motorists (Chicago Tribune)

On 2009-03-10, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus26567 wrote:

Not a very pretty story.

No it is not. Asset forfeiture, as it is currently constructed, is an insult to our
Constitution. If one doesn't have rights to one's possessions what rights exist?

It is also not just a black problem. Imagine, the government comes after you, you get
stripped of your assets and now are fighting hoping for a public defender, pro bono
attorney that is willing to fight the good fight, or some shyster that is going to pick
you fairly clean on a contingency fee basis.

The war on drugs is making prohibition look like a minor mistake in comparison.

I agree totally. See the Donald Scott (?) debacle.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/