Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default lathe turret out of index after crash

I am lost, trying to fix a crashed feeler FT 200A Lathe... After this
crash the turret posisions go bad... If we select a tool nr manually or
with MDI, it just keep turning around and around, and sometimes stop on
random possision.. we cheked all prox swiches and they seem to be okay.. I
wonder if something in the gearbox got knocked out of possision during the
crash,... Its a fanuc Oi-TB control, the turret orientate by prox swiches,
and is driven by hydraulic motor... When we start up the machine the alarm
1003 "turret mis index" quickly pups up without we do anything, and if we
try change tool, alarm 1011 "turret not orientation" comes too... How do
we get the turret back in right possision ? would be happy for any help

Delivered via http://www.rittercnc.com/
Metalworking Forums
rec.crafts.metalworking - 148159 messages and counting!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

(zarl) wrote:

I am lost, trying to fix a crashed feeler FT 200A Lathe... After this
crash the turret posisions go bad... If we select a tool nr manually or
with MDI, it just keep turning around and around, and sometimes stop on
random possision.. we cheked all prox swiches and they seem to be okay.. I
wonder if something in the gearbox got knocked out of possision during the
crash,... Its a fanuc Oi-TB control, the turret orientate by prox swiches,
and is driven by hydraulic motor... When we start up the machine the alarm
1003 "turret mis index" quickly pups up without we do anything, and if we
try change tool, alarm 1011 "turret not orientation" comes too... How do
we get the turret back in right possision ? would be happy for any help

There is a Z prox and then a A and B prox that are 90 degrees out of phase in relation to
each tool pocket. Z tends to find tool 1, a / b count.

Look at your manual, find the addresses of the three proxes and the look at the ladder
display while indexing it to see if they are turning on and off at the correct times.

Now if you did something really bad, it is possible when your turret clamps into he
curvic, you are loosing the prox signals.

Is the turret off radially when clamped?

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

zarl had written this in response to
http://rittercnc.com/metalworking/Re...sh-170876-.htm
:
We not put the turret head back yet... just trying toolchange looking at
the flange only... looks okay when it clamp, if we try change manually
from tool nr1 to nr2, it moves 2 tool possisions.. and sometimes it just
keep turning around... if we manually let the selector stay at tool 5, and
keep on to push index butten, it moves 2 tool possions each time we push
butten.. maybe i am not so good to explain, and understand.. english is
not my normal langue... i am not sure how to understand this "turret off
radially when clamped"

Delivered via http://www.rittercnc.com/
Metalworking Forums
rec.crafts.metalworking - 148198 messages and counting!

10EE turret lathe Karl Townsend Metalworking 6 May 5th 06 12:22 PM
FS: Lathe Turret barry Metalworking 4 May 12th 05 06:01 PM
Info on Jet TL-25 Turret Lathe? Ed Metalworking 1 March 19th 04 05:17 AM
Book for Turret Lathe Chuck H. Metalworking 0 August 2nd 03 01:31 PM
Book for Turret Lathe Gunner Metalworking 0 August 2nd 03 08:56 AM