Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend

Default 10EE turret lathe

I own a couple Monarch 10EEs and have watched Ebay 10EEs for years...
http://tinyurl.com/m9ek9

I've never seen a turret style before. Sort of like a hardinge chucker. If
the SO wouldn't shoot me, I'd buy it just for the collector's value.

--
(©¿©) An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
Two apples a day gets the doctor's OK.

Karl Townsend

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
woodworker88

Looks like a nice machine, just needs a little paint and cleaning. But
it seems rather short for this size machine... Am I missing something,
or is it designed primarily for shorter pieces rather than long work
between centers. Would be plenty ridgid for larger faceplate or chuck
work, though.w

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend

it seems rather short for this size machine... Am I missing something,
or is it designed primarily for shorter pieces rather than long work
between centers. Would be plenty ridgid for larger faceplate or chuck
work, though.w

This is the standard size 10EE - 12" swing by 20" long. As its a tool room
quality machine, there's a LOT more beef there than other lathes this size.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob AZ

Karl

Buy it and by the time it arrives someone here will think of something
to tell the SO if there is a problem. Tell her she is a partner in the
investment and will be expected to clean it up!!

Bob AZ

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brian Lawson

remove .NOT wrote:

I own a couple Monarch 10EEs and have watched Ebay 10EEs for years...
http://tinyurl.com/m9ek9

I've never seen a turret style before. Sort of like a hardinge chucker. If
the SO wouldn't shoot me, I'd buy it just for the collector's value.

Hey Karl,

I wonder if that is the motor for it off to the left of the headstock.
It would certainly do away with any purchasers fears/worries about
needing "3 phase", or "not enough amps in the garage".

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend

I wonder if that is the motor for it off to the left of the headstock.
It would certainly do away with any purchasers fears/worries about
needing "3 phase", or "not enough amps in the garage".

I didn't notice that. My son certainly would have. Just the thing for his
super-modified race car he's putting the final touches on.

Karl

lathe - metal or wood? Rich Andrews Woodworking 8 March 29th 21 08:43 PM
Lathe value... I know I'm going to regret asking this. Ken Moffett Metalworking 3 May 21st 04 11:01 PM
New Mini Lathe Darrell Feltmate Woodturning 3 December 27th 03 02:19 AM
Lathe price Cuezilla Metalworking 13 October 6th 03 06:42 PM
Warner-Swasey Turret Lathe - $250 - Upstate NY David A. Frantz Metalworking 0 July 9th 03 10:29 PM