Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default lathe turret out of index after crash

(zarl) wrote:

We not put the turret head back yet... just trying toolchange looking at
the flange only... looks okay when it clamp, if we try change manually
from tool nr1 to nr2, it moves 2 tool possisions.. and sometimes it just
keep turning around... if we manually let the selector stay at tool 5, and
keep on to push index butten, it moves 2 tool possions each time we push
butten.. maybe i am not so good to explain, and understand.. english is
not my normal langue... i am not sure how to understand this "turret off
radially when clamped"

If your tool disk (turret head) was back on, are your tool center heights correct? Some
tool disks have radial slots that hold tool holders. When the cutting tool is indexed,
you can indicate the pocket to see if it is parallel with your X ways.

Right now it sounds like the control is not seeing reliably one or more of the three
proxes used in determining position.

Can you bring up ladder and look at these?

By the way, the site you using is just reposting your message to a usenet group
rec.crafts.metalworking .

Wes

Wes