Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Annular cutter

"SteveB" wrote in message
I was just at Northern Tools, and I saw an annular cutter. Looks like a
hole saw on steroids to me. Being an old oilfield hand, annulus means the
space around the drill pipe. So, this would mean that this cuts out a
plug. Is this just a hefty hole saw, or does it have other uses?

We actually sell an Automatic Drill set-up for use with the annular cutters.
Automatic plug ejection and coolant and all. Works quite well even with
multiple spindle heads.

Start he http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dxNeKD-f50

....and check out some of the related links by us.

We mostly use Hougen, but Jancy is a big, reliable name too.

With annular cutters, you can drill a deep, large hole (perspective is
everything) with much less HP. The cutters are expensive, but the HP needed
for a standard twist drill is more expensive.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com

V8013-R

Annular cutter Stupendous Man Metalworking 4 March 1st 09 03:48 PM
Annular cutter Bill Marrs Metalworking 0 February 28th 09 02:04 PM
Annular cutter Steve Lusardi Metalworking 0 February 28th 09 08:21 AM
any value or use in a key cutter? t Metalworking 14 October 6th 05 03:46 PM
small annular cutters [email protected] Metalworking 3 August 29th 05 07:12 PM